Apple Struedel Cheesecake. Our cheesecake-loving children inspired this recipe I adapted from several others. It was a hit with them because the apples make it less rich and heavy. This Apple Strudel Cheesecake is served the traditional way with apples and raisins and topped with a warm vanilla sauce.
Arrange apples over cheesecake filling; drizzle with any remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Halvah apple pie apple pie brownie donut cheesecake. Cupcake ipsum dolor sit amet chocolate bar halvah carrot cake donut. You can cook Apple Struedel Cheesecake using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Struedel Cheesecake
- You need of Crust.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/3 can of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of cold butter.
- You need 1 of egg yolks.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of FOR FILLING.
- Prepare 4 cup of sliced peeled tart apples.
- You need 2 packages of 8 Oz cream cheese softened.
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar divided.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 of eggs lightly beaten.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
The May Daring Bakers' challenge was hosted by Linda of make life sweeter! and Courtney of Coco Cooks. They chose Apple Strudel from the recipe. Apple Cheesecake Strudel SliceFood to Love NZ. A Simple Apple Strudel Recipe for Beginners.
Apple Struedel Cheesecake instructions
- In a medium bowl mix flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly..
- In a small bowl, combine the egg yolk and vanilla and stir into flour mixture..
- Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9-in springform pan and place on a baking sheet..
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Turn oven to 350°..
- Place apples in an ungreased 13 x 9-in baking dish and cover. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Then drain and cool..
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla until smooth..
- Add eggs and beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust..
- Toss apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar, Arrange apples on cream cheese mixture and drizzle with any remaining cinnamon mixture. Sprinkle with nuts and return to baking sheet..
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set..
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen and cool another hour..
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate left overs..
Here is how you take your strudel to the next level: Easy I like Boskoop apples for strudel. Granny Smith or Breaburn would be my second choices, for easily. Quick and easy apple strudel recipe,requiring simple ingredients like puff pastry and apple pie filling. Apple strudel, a Viennese pastry filled with brandy-soaked raisins, cinnamon-scented apples & chopped walnuts is a lovely fall dessert, perfect any time of day with a cup of coffee. Mix the apples with the cinnamon, lemon zest and juice, sugar and raisins.