Cherry Chip Shortbread Cookies. This recipe can actually be one of the best shortbread cookie recipes. Note: This recipe does not call for any eggs. Thick & chewy maraschino cherry chocolate chip cookie recipe!
They are then topped with both red or green cherries resulting in a truly special cookie. The cherries add a bit more sweetness with a pop of tartness that makes them unforgettable! I used to make cutout shortbread cookies and the dough is very cranky to work with. You can have Cherry Chip Shortbread Cookies using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cherry Chip Shortbread Cookies
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 8 ounces (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s 1 of large egg yolk.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of marachino cherries chopped and patted dry.
- You need 1/4 cup of mini M&M's.
These can be made so quickly and they are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, pink pepper and salt. Maraschino Cherry Almond Chocolate Cookies are easy shortbread cookies full of cherries and semi-sweet chocolate chips. There is a touch of almond flavoring to complement the cookie.
Cherry Chip Shortbread Cookies step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- In a bowl whisk the flour and salt until blended.
- In another large bowl beat butter and sugar until light, beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour and beat until just combined.
- Fold in cherries and mini M&M's.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on prepared pans..
- Flatten each cookie ball slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake 10 to 14 minutes until set and light golden in color. Cool on wire racks.
They are so quick to come together. I cant begin to imagine how many dozens of these lucious cookies I have made over the years. The drizzled chocolate catches the eye of everyone who walks past the cookie tray.and prompts them to try one or two. Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies are all the goodness of melt-in-your-mouth shortbread combined with a little bit of chocolate. Your family will love these easy tasty cookies!