Cinnamon Sugar Shortbread Cookies. These easy and delicious slice and bake Cinnamon Shortbread Cookies are made even better with the addition of brown sugar. Shortbread Cookies are a must bake cookie for the Holiday Season, one of my favourites are my Mom's Shortbread and one my daughter says are no fail are these melt in your mouth Whipped Shortbread. In a separate small bowl, mix together the remaining cinnamon and sugar.
Add the cinnamon and beat to combine. Add the flour and salt, and mix on low speed until the dough just comes together, being careful not to overmix. Be the first to review this recipe. You can cook Cinnamon Sugar Shortbread Cookies using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Sugar Shortbread Cookies
- Prepare of For the Cinnamon Shortnread.
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of large egg yolk.
- You need of For rolling.
- You need 1 of large egg beaten with 1 tablesoon water(egg wash).
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- Prepare 12 of red cinnamon candies, about.
In the meantime, mix sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. This is the same mixture used in Buñuelos, or Mexican Fritters. FYI: Hojarascas are sometimes referred to as "Cinnamon Shortbread Cookies" because of all the cinnamon used in the recipe. Place flour, cinnamon, and salt in work bowl of food processor; pulse five or six times until blended.
Cinnamon Sugar Shortbread Cookies instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with oarchmentbpaper.
- In a blwl whisk together flour cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl beat brown suar butterr, egg yolk and vanilla until well combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture until incorporayed.
- Make Cinnamon Sugar for rolling.
- In a shallow bowl or plate mix sugar with Cinnamon.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inche balls.
- Dip each ball in egg wasg.
- Roll in cinnamon suga.
- Place on prepared pan, lightlyvpress ball to flatten slightly and add a cinnamon candie in the center of each cookie.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes 7ntil set and light golden. Cool on racks.
Add flour mixture and pulse six to eight times, just until. Arrange on the parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving about an inch between cookies. Using a fork or skewer, pierce each cookie in several places. Sprinkled it with cinnamon sugar, cut it into wedges, and called it shortbread cookies instead. Tasted good, but was impractical as a pie crust.