Salted Camel Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Our Salted Caramel and Milk Chocolate Chunk Shortbread adds a touch of caramel and chocolate to our traditional recipe. Use the same chocolate you use in your favorite brownies to make these super-delicious BAKER'S Salted Caramel-Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Mini salted caramel chocolate chunk shortbread crunchy cookies combine the best of traditional Scottish baking with the sweet delicious taste of salted caramel and Belgian chocolate chunks.
In a large saucepan, combine the coconut sugar, coconut oil, and coconut milk. The whole inspiration for this cookie came while I was standing in line at Starbucks. The cookies that "broke the Internet." These salted shortbread chocolate chunk cookies by Alison Roman took the Internet by storm last year. You can have Salted Camel Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salted Camel Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of cornstarch.
- Prepare 8 ounces of unsalted butter, at room temperature (2 stickks).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- You need 1 of large egg and 2 large egg yolks.
- It’s 11/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3.5 ounce of bar Lindor Exellence milk chocolate bar, broken into.
- You need of chunkd.
- It’s of soft caramels such as Wgerthers Original soft caramels, unwrappe.
- It’s of about 24 of them,. Soft caramels are needed for best results.
- You need of coarse sea salt for sprinkling.
I think I was one of the last people to make this recipe. It certainly won't be the last time I make this though! Tips for making salted caramel chocolate chip cookies. Remove them from the oven once they are lightly browned around the edges but look just undercooked in the middle.
Salted Camel Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda,baking powder, salt and cornstarch.
- In another bowl beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, yolks and vanilla, beat in.
- Add flour mixture until just blended.
- Fold I'm chocolate chunks.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Push a caramel into dough ball and compleat enclose caraml.
- Place 1 1/2 inches apart on prepated pans. Bake 11 to 14 minutes. For chewy cookies ne sure to not overcook. If you want crisp cookies cook a tiny bit more.
- Sprinkle very lightly with sea salt as soon as they come out of the oven Cool in pans 3 minutes then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Letting the dough rest in the refrigerator overnight will meld the flavors and help to keep the cookies from spreading too much. Using a serrated knife, carefully slice each log into ½-inch-thick rounds (if you hit a chocolate chunk, slowly saw back and forth through the chocolate). If the cookies break or fall apart, just press them back together — the dough is very forgiving. The version in the (excellent) Date Night In book calls for dark brown sugar, says the. Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Cookies are the best tasting cookie you will ever make.