Cheese cake with berry compote. Spring is the busy birthday season at my office, and I kicked things off today with a beautiful cheesecake topped with berry compote. This lemon cheesecake with blueberry compote is ridiculously creamy & bursting with fresh spring flavors. For the topping, it is a stunning fresh berry compote oozing with sweet and tart flavours complimenting the coconut and vanilla flavours in the cheesecake.
Fry until the biscuits nice and crunchy. Then put the biscuits aside to cool. To make compote take the hot pan, put some. You can cook Cheese cake with berry compote using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheese cake with berry compote
- You need 150 g of digestive biscuits, or cookies, crushed into fine crumbs.
- It’s 65 g of butter.
- Prepare 50 g of sugar.
- You need 600 g of cream cheese.
- Prepare 150 g of sugar.
- Prepare 20 g of flour.
- It’s 1 of vanilla pod sliced lengthways, or 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 of whole egg.
- Prepare 2 of egg yolk.
- It’s 200 g of double cream.
Stir occasionally until the fruit has begun to break down and the dark purple sauce starts to thicken. Combine all of the berries in a large bowl and stir gently to combine. Put the digestive biscuits in a freezer bag, seal, then bash to crumbs with a rolling pin. Press into the base of the tin and.
Cheese cake with berry compote instructions
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the biscuit crumbs and sugar. Add in the melted butter and mix well..
- Position an oven shelf in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to fan 180 C. Spoon the biscuit mixture into a 24cm spring-form cake tin lined with silicon paper or baking parchment. Use a metal spoon to press the biscuit crumbs down firmly and evenly and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack while preparing the filling..
- For the filling, reduce the oven temperature to fan 140C..
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, double cream, sugar and flour. Then stir in the beaten eggs and vanilla..
- Pour on top of the biscuit base and cook for 50 minutes to 1 hour, the cake should wobble a little when moved but will look puffy and set. Turn the oven off, open the door a tiny bit and leave the cake to cool completely (this minimises cracking) chill for at least 4 hours before serving..
- Berry Compote; 125g raspberry, 125g black berries, 125g blueberries, 400ml red wine, 150g demerara sugar, 1 star anise, 1 cinnamon stick.
- Mix wine, sugar, star anise and cinnamon stick to boil. Reduce by 50%. Turn off the heat and add the berries. Cool quickly..
The cheesecake mixture turns into this luscious, light, fluffy, dreamy mixture that is slightly sweet from some honey, with a hint of vanilla extract and fresh lemon zest! Honestly, the cheesecake itself is absolutely outstanding but since blueberries are all over the supermarket I made a homemade lemon blueberry compote to tie everything together. Use any mixture of berries in this simple, quick compote. It tastes great with the <a>raspberry torte</a> and over ice cream or pound cake. Leave to cool before spreading on cheesecake.