Toffee Squares. Find Deals on Toffee Squares in Chocolate on Amazon. Add the egg yolk, vanilla, flour and salt; mix well. After everything was mixed together, you end up with a crumbly dough that resembles the color of sand.
Sprinkle with nuts and toffee pieces. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and salt, beating until smooth. You can have Toffee Squares using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Toffee Squares
- You need 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of firmly packed light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of large egg yolk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 7-8 ounces of milk chocolate, broken into pieces, or 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped almonds, toasted (optional).
Add egg yolk, vanilla and salt. I've made these Toffee bars twice and the second batch came out just as addicting as the first batch. These Easy Toffee Bars were the perfect addition! For easiest cutting, cut the bars while they're still warm.
Toffee Squares step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with parchment..
- Prepare the crust. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg yolk, vanilla, and salt. On low speed, gradually beat in the flour just until mixed. The dough will be stiff. Pat the dough evenly over the bottom of the baking pan..
- Bake in the center of the oven until pale gold on top, about 20 minutes..
- Remove the pan from the oven and scatter the chocolate pieces evenly over the crust. Return the pan to the oven for 1 minute. Remove the pan again and, using a knife, spread the chocolate evenly over the crust. Sprinkle evenly with the almonds if desired..
- Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Then gently lift the parchment so that the bars can be placed on a flat cutting surface. Using a sharp knife, cut into small squares..
Stir in the vanilla, then the flour; mix well. Press into an unprepared jellyroll pan. Swirl chips slightly with table knife or back of spoon. Remove bars from oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top. Remove the pan from the oven and spread the melted chocolate evenly across the bars.