Snickerdoodle Cookies. A snickerdoodle cookie has to be soft and chewy. No hard hockey puck cookies here! These snickerdoodle cookies need to be soft and chewy so watch carefully.
They are so fast to put together too! I actually got it from an old recipe that my Great Grandma had clipped out of a newspaper. Snickerdoodles are also called Snipdoodles or Cinnamon Sugar Cookies. You can cook Snickerdoodle Cookies using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg + 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of cream of tartar.
- You need 1 tsp. of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar + 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon, for rolling.
You are going to love this snickerdoodle recipe because it is. The BEST snickerdoodle cookie recipe ever! These snickerdoodle cookies have crispy edges, chewy centers, and a rich cinnamon flavor. They're easy to make with no chilling or strange ingredients!
Snickerdoodle Cookies step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a couple of large baking pans with either parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set them aside. Place the 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon into a small bowl and stir to combine well. Set this aside..
- In a large bowl using wither a hand mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on med-high speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in the sugar until it s light and fluffy. Add the egg and egg yolk, then the vanilla beating until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- In a separate, large bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, cornstarch, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Switch the mixer speed to low and gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet until combined, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Roll the dough into balls, about 1 1/2 tbsp. of dough per ball. Roll each ball into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place them onto the prepared pans a couple inches apart from each other..
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until they are slightly golden around the edges. They should still look undercooked in the centers. Allow them to cool for 5 or so minutes on the pan before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely..
I wanted to recreate a small batch snickerdoodle cookies recipe using my trusted family recipe. The BEST Snickerdoodle cookie recipe ever! Soft and chewy snickerdoodle cookies loaded with cinnamon-sugar. No chilling required so they can be made QUICK! What makes snickerdoodles so, well, snickerdoodley?