New York style Cheesecake. A beautifully flavored, citrus-infused New York-style cheesecake with a graham cracker crust. New York style cheesecake is also always baked and contains very simple ingredients. It's a no-frills cheesecake that packs a punch in flavor and texture.
I thought my recipe for New York Cheesecake was legend. Lucilla Scalla Quinn's version wins the. I've never made a New York style cheesecake before but your detailed instructions are so easy to follow. You can have New York style Cheesecake using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of New York style Cheesecake
- You need of Crust.
- You need 100 g of crackers.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 57 g of melted butter.
- Prepare of Cheese filling.
- You need 340 g of cream cheese.
- You need 10 Tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 of large yolk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of lemon juice (optional).
- You need 2 g of vanilla extract (optional).
If you're a cheesecake purist, this post is for you! For the New York-Style Cheesecake Filling: In the body of a high power blender, food processor, stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a large bowl using a hand held mixer, beat the softened cream cheese and. New York cheesecake is truly a satisfying dessert, and we believe these recipes will make for a dessert that is especially delicious. New York Style Cheesecake is just a simple combo of basic graham cracker crust and smooth and silky cream cheese filling.
New York style Cheesecake instructions
- Crush the crackers in a food processor. Add in the sugar and salt and mix them..
- Melt the butter and add it into the food processor for everything to be well combined..
- Grease up the pan and cover the bottom and the sides with parchment paper..
- Pour in ur crush mixture and press it down into the pan using the bottom of a cup and smooth out the edges with the tip of a spoon.
- Set ur oven to prehead at 175°C.
- Grab a bowl, add in ur softened cream cheese and sugar. Cream the cheese and sugar mixture using an electric mixer..
- Pour the sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix well between each step and then add the ½yolk and mix.
- Scrape the bowl to make sure everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture over ur crust and then tap the pan over the counter to get rid of bubbles.
- Back at 165° for an hour.
- After it's all cooled down, cover it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for 24 hours to set completely before eating.
It's a bit tangy but rich in texture thanks to addition of sour cream in filling. Some types of New York style cheesecakes use sour cream for topping, but I like to mix it into filling. Create a homespun version of the Big Apple's signature dessert made with cream cheese, sour cream and heavy cream, along Pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan, being careful not to splash any water onto cheesecake. A New York Style Cheesecake is known for being more creamy and dense than typical cheesecakes. A New York cheesecake is made differently than other cheesecake recipes.