Rhubarb Dessert. Layer together fresh strawberries and rhubarb slices with a mix of honey, cream cheese, and light sour cream. It tastes just like a slice of cheesecake, but with no extra sugar! Strawberry-Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake I prepare this colorful dessert quite often in the summer when fresh rhubarb is abundant.
Sprinkle with the dry gelatin powder, sugar and cake mix. This rhubarb crumble ice cream combines two of my favorite desserts into one fantastic creation! If you close your eyes, it actually tastes like you're taking a bite of fresh rhubarb crumble with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. You can cook Rhubarb Dessert using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb Dessert
- Prepare of Crust.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 4 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 4 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 cup of whipping cream.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 5 cup of finely chopped rhubarb.
- Prepare of Meringue.
- You need 4 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of granulated sugar.
A bit of oats, cinnamon, and rhubarb make for a scrumptious crumble pie! Fresh rhubarb, sour cream, and a hint of nutmeg star in this easy coffee cake. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture over rhubarb. This no-churn ice cream is going to become your go-to Spring dessert.
Rhubarb Dessert step by step
- Mix the ingredients for the crust together in a bowl..
- Pat the mixture into an 11×8 baking pan and bake in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes..
- Mix the egg yolks, whipping cream, sugar, and flour in a mixing bowl..
- Mix in the finely chopped rhubarb..
- Pour the filling on top of the crust and bake in the oven at 350 for 40-45 minutes..
- For the next steps with the meringue, DO NOT USE PLASTIC! This will kill your meringue due to oils in the plastics. Use metal or glass!.
- To make the meringue, add the egg whites, cream of tartar, and almond extract. Beat until foamy..
- Slowly and gradually add the sugar one tablespoon at a time until each tablespoon is completely mixed in before you add the next..
- Using a metal spoon and knife, place the meringue on the baked custard. Add some swirls to make it look nice..
- Finally bake for 10 – 15 minutes at 350..
Get the recipe from Our Table For Seven. Sienna Livermore Commerce Editor Sienna Livermore is a commerce editor at Hearst. If the rhubarb dessert requires a graham crumb crust, here is the best crumb crust recipe. One of Germany's national fruit desserts is Rote Gruetze that you'll find on my friend, Gerhild's website Quick German Recipes.com. TOP of Rhubarb Dessert Recipes HOME to Rhubarb Central.com Homepage Trusted rhubarb recipes from Betty Crocker.