Rainbow Sherbet ( Sorbet ) Filled Striped Vanilla Cake Roll. Great recipe for Rainbow Sherbet ( Sorbet ) Filled Striped Vanilla Cake Roll. This is my vanilla sponge roll cake, an easy very moist cake that I decided to try making it striped to go with a rainbow sherbet filling. The stripes came out really well, you don't need to fuss over being perfect with.
The stripes came out really well, you don't need to fuss over being perfect with them. Here is how you achieve that. The stripes came out really well, you don't need to fuss over being perfect with them. You can cook Rainbow Sherbet ( Sorbet ) Filled Striped Vanilla Cake Roll using 17 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rainbow Sherbet ( Sorbet ) Filled Striped Vanilla Cake Roll
- You need of VANILLA STRIPED CAKE ROLL.
- Prepare 6 of large eggs, seperated.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sour cream oom temperature.
- It’s 1 1/2 of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of cake flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cream of tarter.
- It’s of confectioner's sugar.
- You need of drops of red, blue and yellow food color gel or liquid.
- Prepare of SHERBET FILLING.
- Prepare 6 cup of rainbow flavored sherbet, softened, The Sherbet I am referring to here is a frozen fruit confection with the ice creams, it's like a creamy fruit ice, like a sorbet.
- It’s of FROSTING.
- It’s 1 of recipe White Chocolate Ganache Frosting and Filling, recipe attached in direction step #15.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- You need 1/2 cup of rainbow sprinkles.
Mine were a bit sloppy at the seams. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Beginning at a narrow end, spread raspberry sherbet on one-third of cake, orange sherbet on next third of cake and lime sherbet on remaining cake. Add red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple gel food colors, one to each bowl; mix.
Rainbow Sherbet ( Sorbet ) Filled Striped Vanilla Cake Roll instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 15 by 10 by 1 inch je)y roll pan with bakers spray. Line pan with parchment paper and spray paper with parchment spray.
- Have egg whites in one large bowl and egg yolks in another large bowl and have them both at room temperature.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat egg yolks and sour cream until light in color and increased in volume. Beat in 1 cup of the sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture, make sure it's well incoorated but don't overmix.
- With clean and dry beaters beat egg whites and cream of tarter until soft peaks form, Slowly add the remaining sugar and beat until glossy peaks form.
- Fold 1/4 of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture then fold in remaining in 3 more additions.
- Carfully seperate batter into 3 bowls, trying not to deflate to much.
- Add drops of food color, blue to one bowl. Red to the second bowl and yellow to the third, fold just until color is uniform..
- Spread each layer of batter in stripes in prepared pan as shown belo, smooth tops..
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes until cake springs back when touched and is no longer sticky feeling to touch. Cool 5 minutes in pan on rack then run a small knife around the edges to unstuck any ends of cake.
- After cake cools 5 minutes Invert onto confectioner's sugar dusted kitchen towel. Carefully peel off parchment paper.
- Roll cake up in towel and cool on rack.
- Unroll cooled cake and spread softened sherbet over surface, leaving some space at edges. Roll up using towel to help keep tight and cover and frezze at least 6 hours before frosting.
- Frost cake with White Chocolate Ganache Frosting, recipe attached below, then cover with sprinkles and re frezze until hard about 2 hours https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359637-white-chocolate-ganache-whipped-frosting-filling.
Turn each cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Roll up cakes in the towels jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack. Slice angel food cake crosswise to make four layers. Place the bottom layer on a serving plate, and spread orange sherbet evenly on top.