Peppermint / Vanilla Layered Creamy Cheesecake. Great recipe for Peppermint / Vanilla Layered Creamy Cheesecake. This cheesecake is a creamy rich delicious cheesecake with a Chocolate peppermint oreo crust and a layered cheesecake filling with red vanilla flavored red and green refreshing Peppermint flavors. It's all decked out for Christmas.
Run a knife around edge of pan rim. Place pan on a wire rack and cool cheesecake completely in pan. This Triple Layered Peppermint Cheesecake is inspired by this Triple Chocolate Cheesecake (white, milk, and dark) and this Chocolate Mint Layered Cheesecake from my new cookbook Instantly Sweet. You can have Peppermint / Vanilla Layered Creamy Cheesecake using 20 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Peppermint / Vanilla Layered Creamy Cheesecake
- You need of CRUST.
- You need 25 of mint filled oreo cookies, crushed.
- You need 5 tbsp of butter, salted or unsalted, melted.
- Prepare of CHEESECAKE FILLING.
- It’s 4 of – 8 – ounce packages of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pure peppermint extract.
- It’s of red food color, about 15 drops.
- You need of green food color, about 15 drops.
- Prepare of CHICOLATE GLAZE.
- You need 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- You need 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of GARNISH.
- It’s 1 of red, green and white sprinkles. White decorating ball and sparkle sugar.
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs; mix just until blended. This Peppermint Bark Cheesecake features an Oreo cookie crust, a thick layer of smooth, creamy white chocolate cheesecake, it's chock-full of peppermint chips, and finishes with a layer of semi-sweet chocolate ganache on top. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
Peppermint / Vanilla Layered Creamy Cheesecake step by step
- Spray a 9 inch springform pan with bakers spray. Preheat oven to 325.
- Crush cookies in food processor or blender until they are fine crumbs. Use whole cookies , filling and all.
- Combine cookie crumbs with melted butter and mix until well moistened.
- Press crumb mixture into prepared springform pan covering bottom and coming up side's. Freeze while preparing cheesecake filling.
- MAKE CHEESECAKE.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth, add the sugar and beat again until smooth..
- Add vanilla, lemon juice, sour cream and salt and beat in. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg.
- Divide batter into 2 seperate bowls. Into one bowl mix in red food coloring. In the other add the peppermint extract and green food coloring, mix to combine.
- Remove crust from freezer and wrap a double thickness of foil around pan.
- Start assembling cheesecake layers. Pour about. 1/2 cup red cheesecake batter directly into center of crust, let it spread on its own don't disturb it. It will Not reach the corners yet.
- Now using the green cheesecake batter pour about 1/2 batter directly over center of red batter. Let it push the batter put by itself, don't touch it, let it spread itself.
- Add 1/2 cup green batter again directly on top of red batter, letting it spread. Continue alternating the batter colors in the same way until it is used up. It will be about 7 to 8 layers. Never smooth the batter or try to help it spread, let it do it on its own.
- Place cheesecake in a baking dish and add boiling water to come halfway up cheesecake pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 45 to 50 minutes until set but still jiggly 2 inches from the edge. Cool on rack until its room temperature. Then remove foil and wrap, in pan in fresh foil and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove foil and run a small knife around edges of cold cheesecake. Release sides of springform pan.
- GLAZE CHEESECAKE.
- Heat cream just until hot, pour over chocolate chips in a bowl. Let sit 1 minute then add vanilla and stir until smooth. Allow to cool 15 minutes at room temperature before pouring over top of cheesecake and spread quickly until smooth.
- Add garnish while chocolate is wet. Chill to set.
Beat in the sour cream, flour and extracts. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. In a separate mixing bowl whip cream cheese until smooth then mix in melted white chocolate and peppermint extract. Holidays are always full of amazing desserts made with gingerbread, eggnog, cranberries, and of course, peppermint! Every December, I have to make a signature cheesecake for our celebration and this year, I've reinvented my peppermint cheesecake.