Easy Souffle Cheesecake. Unlike NY Cheesecake, this has the souffle aspect of it (which is why it's called Souffle Cheesecake in Japan)… so the eggs are a big part of this cake. As you can guess from the name, it is a light and airy soufflé-like dessert as opposed to dense and thick American cheesecake. Soufflé Cheesecake is not overly sweet, as with other Japanese cakes, but it still has a good enough cheese flavor to be called.
Be sure to bring the refrigerated items to room temperature before combining. The refreshing aroma of lemon also goes great with the cheesecake. If you're interested, add lemon zest to the batter after straining with a mesh. You can cook Easy Souffle Cheesecake using 5 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Souffle Cheesecake
- It’s 4 of large eggs, white separated.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white chocolate.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese softened.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of full cake flour.
- It’s of Powdered sugar for dusting (optional).
See great recipes for Easy Souffle Cheesecake too! Here is how you cook that. As I mentioned in the video, despite being a very easy recipe, you will probably have to practice a few times to lock in the perfect cooking time. Even though DIY and homemade Japanese cheesecake is relatively easy, there are potential troubles when the cake turns out less than perfect.
Easy Souffle Cheesecake instructions
- In a double boiler melt the white chocolate. Cool for a minute or so. Note: If you do not have white chocolate, you can substitute it with the same amount of sweetened condensed milk..
- Add the cream cheese and mix thoroughly..
- Add the egg yolks gradually then mix until fully dissolved..
- Add the cake flour then mix thoroughly..
- Add the cake flour gradually then mix thoroughly..
- In a separate bowl froth the egg whites with egg whisk or mixer until fully formed. You will know if you have the right peak if the whites are solid and firm..
- Fold the egg whites into the batter mixture one to three folds at a time, until fully mixed.
- In a 6 inches spring form, add parchment paper or wax paper at the bottom of the pan and butter or oil to the sides to prevent sticking..
- Pour in the mixture to the 6 inches spring form..
- Pre heat oven for 150 degrees celsius..
- In a baking pan pour in hot water to do a hot bath then add the spring form. Note: You may wrap an aluminum foil to the spring form to prevent water from going in..
- Bake for around 45 minutes for 150 degrees celsius..
- Dress with either whip cream, powdered sugar or sweet strawberry jam..
For the best, jiggly and perfect result just like Uncle Tetsu, here are the tips and tricks: Make sure you have a smooth cream cheese mixture that is not lumpy. Japanese cheesecake or also known as cotton cake, Japanese souffle cake or pillow cake is a kind of sponge cake where the egg whites are whipped into a meringue and then added to the cream cheese-egg yolk batter to create a fluffy texture. If using a springform pan, make sure to wrap the bottom and sides completely in foil twice to prevent any leakage. Japanese Souffle Cheesecake Recipe : A light and fluffy Japanese style souffle or cotton cheesecake that is light and air-y, melt in your mouth good and super easy to make! Carefully separate the egg yolks and egg whites and refrigerate the egg white just before whipping.