Oatmeal Cream Sandwich Cookies. Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies were hands down our editor-in-chief's favorite childhood snack. Oatmeal Cream Cookies Recipe & Video. A soft and chewy oatmeal cookie is so popular that I decided to make them even better by taking two oatmeal cookies and sandwiching them together with a delicious soft and creamy vanilla flavored filling.
Now mentally sandwich two of these cookies with a mascarpone-cream cheese filling. And that's what you'll find here. The dessert sandwiches are pure fun. You can cook Oatmeal Cream Sandwich Cookies using 18 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Cream Sandwich Cookies
- It’s of For White Chocolate filling.
- Prepare 12 ounces of white chocolste, not chipd.
- It’s 3/4 cup of heavy creslam.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of For the Oatmeal Cookies.
- You need 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of groumd cinnamon.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of old fashened oats.
- You need as needed of granulated sugar for flattening cookies.
Sometimes I decorate the sides of the sandwiches with colorful jimmies, too. —Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas. If you're tight on time, you can use store-bought cookies, but I highly recommend making these oatmeal chocolate cookies from scratch. Editor of "Bake from Scratch" magazine, Brian Hart Hoffman shows you how to bake fresh oatmeal cream cookie sandwiches. Get more Home & Family Recipes here.
Oatmeal Cream Sandwich Cookies step by step
- Start White Chocolate filling it needs time to chill.
- Have chopped white chocolate in a bowl. Heat cream until hot but not boiling, add vanilla to hot cream and stir it in and pour over chocolate. Let sit one minute then stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature then covver and refrigerate until very cold at least 4 hours or over night.
- Preheat the ove n to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat in.
- Stir in flour until combined then stir in oats.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Dip the back of a spoon in granulayed sugar and flatten ball slightly.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until golden and just set. Let cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
- Finish white chocolate filling.
- Beat cold white chocolate mixture until light and fluffy.
- Add one cookie bottom up.
- Spread some white chocolate fillingvon cookie.
- Top with another cookie and sandwich them togethet.
Sandwiched in between the two cookies I used vanilla ice cream, but you could get creative and fill it with a different flavor and one you think would go well with oatmeal chocolate chips cookies. Next time, I'm trying chocolate 🙂. These cookies are ultra soft and don't take long to make, you just need to. Instead of the usual packaged chocolate ice cream sandwich, make something hearty by placing your favorite flavor of ice cream between two oatmeal cookies. The oatmeal cookie is adapted from my Oatmeal Raisinete Cookies and they're a sturdier, thicker cookie than you would have in an oatmeal cream pie.