The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie. For a chocolate chip cookie made with vegetable oil this is pretty good. I made the recipe the first couple of times with just veggie oil (soybean). Then one time I did not have enough veggie oil so I supplemented with corn oil (about half and half).
Former staffer and recipe contributor Megimi Garcia says, "Everyone has a favorite type of chocolate chip cookie—a little crispy, a little chewy—but they all have to begin with a basic recipe. Chocolate Chip Cookies are a lunchbox favorite for good reason! This chocolate chip cookie recipe has been carefully crafted to be perfectly soft, perfectly chewy, and just all around perfectly delectable. You can have The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Prepare 225 grams of butter (room temp.).
- It’s 150 grams of white sugar.
- You need 150 grams of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 pcs of egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 170 grams of walnut.
- Prepare 250 grams of chocolate chips.
- Prepare 300 grams of bread flour.
- Prepare 120 grams of cake flour.
- You need 2 tsp. of cornstarch (secret to have its chewiness).
How to make the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie! The Biggest Meal of the Year: I'm not talking about the night you get cajoled into a Chuck-a-Rama buffet and end up eating your weight in all-you-can eat meat cooked in lard. Read on for our perfect chocolate chip recipe, in addition to more tips from our Test Kitchen! They are a perfect chocolate chip cookie lover's dream!
The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie step by step
- Preheat the oven at 180℃..
- Cream the butter and sugar..
- Add the egg, salt, vanilla and the leavening agents. Continuously mix until it is well combined..
- Mix with the sifted flour and cornstarch. Add the 3/4 chocolate chips and the walnut..
- Grease and flour your baking sheet and line it with a wax paper..
- Using a scooper or spoon, drop the balled cookie into the baking sheet. Add the remaining chocolate chips at the top for a nice look..
- Bake for 15-20 minutes..
The recipe is simple and it's probably my all-time favorite chocolate chip recipe of all time. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie variations included- lemon, toffee, M&M, macadamia, & more! I have been on the search for the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie for years. My friend, Daniella, makes perfect cookies and taught me how.