Yugoslavia Dream Bars A.K.A "Christmas Cookies". Serbs do bake these cookies as do many others. Koljivo isn't mixture of some cereals BUT cooked wheat which is ground and mixed with nuts and dried fruit, sweetened with honey and spiced with clove, very special.. Christmas Stollen Cinnamon Stars – Yugoslavia Dream Bars A.
This is the song Christmas Cookies by George Strait. Another favorite Christmas cookie recipe of mine is the Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies. My Food and Family has lots of Christmas cookies recipes and Christmas cookies tips. You can have Yugoslavia Dream Bars A.K.A "Christmas Cookies" using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yugoslavia Dream Bars A.K.A "Christmas Cookies"
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of butter (I used salted).
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 4 of large egg whites.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon extract.
- You need 1/4 of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 1 of 9×13 pan.
- You need of Blackberry jam or any flavor you like that goes well the lemon.
Christmas cookies are the pop-culture expression of the biggest Christian holiday in America. A good cookie plate is built on a delicate mix of tradition, community and deliciousness. Cookie plates can also be competitive, a point no one who has been to a Christmas cookie exchange party would dispute. Find the best Santa-worthy Christmas cookies and be the talk of the cookie exchange.
Yugoslavia Dream Bars A.K.A "Christmas Cookies" step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup ofsugar together thoroughly; add egg yolk and salt and combine. Add flour and combine. Pat mixture into a 9X13 inch.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add 1 cup sugar. Continue to beat until you reach a meringue consistency. Gently fold in ground walnuts and lemon extract..
- Spread jelly over dough mixture in the pan.
- Swirl meringue over jelly. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts..
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Let it cool and then cut into square. Decorate with fresh mint and fruit of choice..
- Serve and enjoy !!!! I would love to here feed back. Even if you made adjustments that's great too !!.
- This was the raspberry with the lemon meringue No Walnuts – Non traditional.
- This was the traditional with blackberry and walnuts.
Christmas Cookies Christmas recipes gluten-free gluten-free option This post contains affiliate links. This magic cookie bar recipe is one of the easiest Christmas cookies you can make. You don't even need a mixing bowl or mixer; all you have to do is layer all the ingredients in a baking pan. Every country celebrates Christmas in its own way. With layers of vanilla chips, oats and dried cranberries, this delectable cookie mix looks as good To prepare cookies: Pour cookie mix into a large bowl; stir to combine.