Vanilla Sable. Sablés are easy slice-and-bake cookies that you can make ahead and bake later. It can be varied in so many ways, from adding a flavored cream filling to spicing the batter. Make your own signature sable recipe or enjoy it the traditional way – as comforting vanilla sables.
I have made them several times. Combine demerara sugar and remaining vanilla in a bowl. Cool on trays, then store in an airtight container until required. You can have Vanilla Sable using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vanilla Sable
- Prepare 100 g of Butter (Salted).
- You need 50 g of Icing Sugar.
- It’s 1 g of Vanilla Essence.
- You need 15 g of Egg White.
- Prepare 120 g of Flour.
French Sables Cookies When my husband tasted these perfectly round vanilla french sables cookies, he said, "these are great, kind of a cross between a shortbread cookie and a sugar cookie." Although the French would say a sable is a shortbread cookie (it is). Americans might call this a crisper sugar cookie (it is). Pastry and Food Photography / Getty Images. It can be varied in so many ways, from adding a flavored cream filling to spicing the batter.
Vanilla Sable step by step
- Operation Time / 20 min Oven Temperature / 350F Baking Time / 12 min.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Sift the flour and set aside until use..
- Sift the icing sugar and set aside until use..
- Cream the butter..
- Add the icing sugar and vanilla essence to the creamed butter and whisk well..
- Add the egg white and whisk well..
- Add the flour to the butter mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix until smooth..
- Using a piping bag, squeeze the dough onto the cookie sheet..
- Bake for 12 min or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool down..
Make your own signature sable recipe or enjoy it the traditional way – vanilla. Add remaining cup of flour to processor; process to combine. What brioche is to plain white bread, this French Sable Cookie is to the standard sugar cookie. The sable is a little like shortbread with the delicateness of pie crust. Bake cookies as directed above, or until tops are firm (edges will not start to brown).