Secret of the Gingersnap Cookies. This gingersnap cookies are so easy to make and is made with simple ingredients. You're gonna love this gingersnap cookie recipe! If you love soft and chewy gingersnap cookies, this is the gingersnap for you!
Yep, the stuff you always pour out and really shouldn't because when it comes to baking and cooking, it's GOLD! Place the shortening into a mixing bowl and beat until creamy. Gradually beat in the white sugar. You can cook Secret of the Gingersnap Cookies using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Secret of the Gingersnap Cookies
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground ginger.
- You need 2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of shortening.
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dark molasses.
The secret to the best gingersnap cookies you will ever eat is to make sure they are hard once they cool and have a snap when you bite into them. Of all the Italian cookie recipes I make, this is my favorite. These sprinkle cookies take some time, but, believe me, they are well worth it! My husband and I used to operate an Italian-American restaurant, and this recipe goes back generations. —Gloria Cracchiolo, Newburgh, New York Directions.
Secret of the Gingersnap Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Sift the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir the mixture to blend evenly, and sift a second time into another bowl..
- Place the shortening into a mixing bowl and beat until creamy. Gradually beat in the white sugar. Beat in the egg, and dark molasses. Put in 1/3 of the flour mixture into the shortening mixture; stir to thoroughly blend. Put in the remaining flour mixture, and mix together until a soft dough forms..
- Pinch off small amount of dough and roll into 1 inch diameter balls between your hands..
- Add 1/3 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and mix. roll your balls in it, and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet..
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, let them cool for 10 minutes..
Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. This easy cookie recipe is chewy, a little spicy, sweet, and festive! Gingersnaps should be slightly crisp at the edges with a chewy, soft center and this recipe is perfect! The Best Gingersnap Cookies ever are easy, chewy and crinkly! I will be the first to admit, I have never been a huge gingersnap cookie girl.