Ginger Bread Cookies. Whether or not you actually like gingerbread cookies is kinda irrelevant. You make them every single year because they make people happy. Gingerbread Cookies are the essence of the holidays and are deeply flavored with No cookie says Christmas more than a gingerbread cookie, right?
This is my very favorite gingerbread cookie recipe. The dough is so firm and nice to work with and is so wonderful smelling that it is almost like a stress reliever. Let the icing dry for several hours. You can have Ginger Bread Cookies using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ginger Bread Cookies
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of white granulated sugar.
- You need 4 ounces of shortning.
- Prepare 1 ounce of molasses.
- Prepare 3 of each eggs.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of ground ginger.
- Prepare 3 1/4 cups of flour.
At the holidays, gingerbread cookies are a dessert staple. These crispy cookies are full of delicious spices that give them a distinctive flavor. Turn your cookie platter into a winter Making Swedish pepparkakor—or gingerbread cookies—is a holiday tradition in our family. The cookies can be prepared up to one week ahead, stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Ginger Bread Cookies instructions
- Cream first three ingredients.
- Add molasses and eggs mix till combined.
- Sift soda salt and ginger together add to mix and blend.
- Add flour mix till incorporated.
- Roll out to a 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured piece of wax paper or parchment paper. I like to cut and transfer to a sheet pan leaving 1 inch between for spreading..
- Recombine and cut out more cookies from left over dough..
- Cut out gingerbread shapes of choice bake at 350 degrees F until golden brown. 8-12 minutes depending on your oven..
- Allow to cool and decorate as you like.
- The size if the cutter will determine quantity..
This is the BEST recipe for gingerbread cookies I have ever tasted. I have used this recipe for many years and always get compliments on it. You can cut them into gingerbread men or use. We roll it a bit thicker than usual, to give the cookies just a hint of chew. These soft Gingerbread Cookies get more compliments than any other cookie recipes I have ever made.