Coconut Macaroons. Save On Healthy Food, Vitamins, Supplements, Personal Care and More at Vitacost®! Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil. How To Make Coconut Macaroons Begin by combining the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. You can cook Coconut Macaroons using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Macaroons
- It’s 2 of egg whites.
- You need 1/3 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 dash of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 2 cup of unsweetened coconut.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Macaroons are flourless cookies made from shredded coconut bound together with egg whites, sugar, and sometimes condensed milk or cream. They're chewy, with a craggy texture that clings to the melted chocolate they're often dipped in. Transfer baking sheets to a cooling rack.
Coconut Macaroons instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Briefly chop coconut in food processor until pieces are uniform..
- Beat egg whites lightly, then add salt, sugar, flour, and almond extract. Stir in coconut until thoroughly coated in mixture..
- Drop coconut in rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheet.Bake for 13 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned..
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut away any runny "feet" at bottoms of macaroons..
Remove the macaroons from pan when cool, and place in decorated boxes, or store in an airtight container for up to a week. Mix the dessicated coconut, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla extract and egg whites togther in a bowl. The mixture should be 'gloopy' and sticky. Whisk the egg whites, sugar, salt and vanilla in a large bowl until combined; fold in the coconut. Coconut macaroons are a cinch to make and a perfect way to use up egg whites.