Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies. These cherry almond shortbread cookies are the best! Cherry and almond is a divine combination and these have to be one of my best cookies yet! These sweet little Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies have quickly become a family favorite.
Cherry Almond Shortbread cookies are always a favorite at holiday parties. No, they are not a diet food, but. Scatter chopped almonds on sheet of plastic wrap. You can cook Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies
- It’s 6 ounces of unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks) at room temperature.
- You need 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract.
- You need 1 tablespoon of marachino cherry juice.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 15 of marachino cherries, chopped.
- You need of For Topping.
- You need 1 cup of salted almonds, chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water (egg ewash).
- It’s of For Drizzle.
- It’s 4 ounces of white chocolaye, melted.
- Prepare 3 of punces milk chovolate, melted.
Roll log in almonds to coat. Maraschino Cherry Almond Chocolate Cookies are easy shortbread cookies full of cherries and semi-sweet chocolate chips. There is a touch of almond flavoring to complement the cookie. They are so quick to come together.
Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment ppaper.
- In a bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add extracts and cherry juice and beat in.
- Add flour and salt, when just blended add chopped cherries.
- Combine tne chopped almonds wíth the granulated sugar on a plate.
- Roll cookies into I inch balls.
- Dip in egg wash.
- Roll in almond sugar and place on prepared pan flatten tops with the alm of your hand. Bake 12 to 18 minutes. Cool on rcks.
- When cool drizzle with white cgocolate.
- Then milk chocolate, allow to set.
Delicious shortbread cookies with cherries and almonds. Cherry and almond mixed together – which is one of my favorite flavor combinations. I added more cherry liquid and almond extract to bump up the flavor because that's how we do it around here. It's a shortbread cookie which means the dough is super dry. My winning bidder was Taryn from.