Japanese Cotton Cheesecake. Cotton Cheesecake / Japanese Cheesecake is my new favorite dessert and after you try this recipe, it will become your favorite too! It's the perfect combination of sponge cake and cheesecake in both. Also called Cotton Cheesecake, Japanese Cheesecake is light, fluffy, moist and less sweet than any other cheesecakes.
Japanese cheesecake is very different from regular cheesecake. It is cotton soft, light, fluffy and the one of the best cheesecakes I have ever tasted. Japanese Cheesecake has the tangy, creamy flavor of cheesecake, with the moist, cotton-soft texture of soufflé. You can cook Japanese Cotton Cheesecake using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japanese Cotton Cheesecake
- You need 250 g of cream cheese (room temp).
- You need 220 ml of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 40 g of caster sugar (fine granulated sugar).
- It’s 6 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tbs of lemon or orange zest.
- It’s 100 g of cake flour.
- Prepare 40 g of corn starch.
- You need 6 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar (or lemon juice).
- Prepare 100 g of caster sugar.
It's a match made in heaven. Whether you or your holiday guests are big cheesecake fans. My Japanese Cheesecake Recipe has the same cotton-soft sweetness and jiggly nature – now simplified from the usual complex methods of other recipes. If I tell you it's a dessert fallen from the sky, you'll tell me Making this cheesecake from Japanese cotton is very simple, but it requires following certain steps.
Japanese Cotton Cheesecake step by step
- Preheat oven to 320F.
- Lay parchment paper in 9in pan, optionally, lay it around the pan as well.
- Over a small saucepan of boiling water, melt the 250g cream cheese, 220ml heavy whipping cream, and 40g caster sugar.
- When mixture is completely dissolved, set aside, when it is partly cooled, combine 6 egg yolks, 1tsp vanilla extract, and 1 tbs lemon zest, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine 100g cake flour, 40g corn starch, mix well and sift several times.
- Start boiling water for water bath.
- Combine the flour into the egg yolk mixture.
- Beat the 6 egg whites, and 1/2 tsp lemon juice, slowly adding the 100g caster sugar until soft tips form.
- Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg yolks mixture gently, then add another 1/3, then the final third..
- Pour into the parchment paper laid pan, set into the water bath pan, and add the hot water into the bath (should be at least up to half the cake pan size).
- Bake at 390F for 18 minutes, until the top is slightly golden.
- Reduce the heat to 285F for another 20-30minutes.
- Turn off the heat, another 30 minutes doors closed, and remove the water bath, open the oven door to cool the cake gradually.
- Take the cake out, and cool rest of the way before refrigerating.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving..
Feathery, soft cotton cheesecake is a Japanese specialty, filled with lemon zest, fluffy egg whites, cream Japanese Cotton Cheesecake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet. Japanese cheesecake is pillowy soft, with cottony texture and soufflé like crumbs. In this article, I will explain how to make this Japanese cotton cheesecake in details. Japanese Cotton Cheesecakes are a bit different than normal cheesecakes as they are based on a meringue and are very light and fluffy. They don't require as much sugar as regular cheesecakes and.