Japanese cotton cheesecake. Compare Prices on Japanese Cheesecake Pan in Bakeware. I did not know this Japanese baked cheesecake was called Cotton Cheesecake because in Japan, it is called soufflé cheesecake or baked cheesecake. Japanese cheesecake is very different from regular cheesecake.
JAPANESE COTTON CHEESECAKE RECIPE/ JAPANESE CHEESE SOUFFLE RECIPE. It's the perfect combination of sponge cake and cheesecake in both taste and texture. What I love about this scrumptious cake is it's not overly sweet as some cakes can be. You can have Japanese cotton cheesecake using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese cotton cheesecake
- You need 60 g of full fat milk.
- It’s 140 g of creamcheese.
- It’s 40 g of butter.
- Prepare 50 g of cake flour.
- You need 15 g of corn flour.
- It’s 5 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 5 of egg white.
- Prepare 100 g of caster sugar.
Hi, thanks so much of sharing such details n wonderful Japanese cheese cake. The cheesecake turn out not cooked at all. Japanese Cotton Cheesecake; Laura's Newest Recipe. It incorporates the egg whites into the cake mixture and baked in a bain-marie (water bath).
Japanese cotton cheesecake instructions
- Pre heat the oven with water bath at 120 C. set up top/bottom heat without fan..
- Mix milk, cream cheese and butter at low heat. Blend until smooth.
- Add in plain flour, corn flour. Mix the flour while cream cheese mixture still warm. the mixture is now turn to thick paste.
- Add egg yolk one by one. Blend until well combined. set aside.
- Beat egg white with sugar until soft peak meringue is formed.
- Fold 1/3 of meringue each time into creamcheese batter..
- Transfer the batter into 8 inch mold. Tap the mold for a couple of time to release air bubble.
- Bake in water bath at 120ac for 20 minutes. Increase temperature to 150 C for 15 minutes. Lower temperature to 100C and continue baking for 40 minutes. Then leave the cake to cool down in the oven for another 10min.
- Leave the cake cool completely befor removing from the mold..
Get Ready for the Best Japanese Cheesecake. A meringue is the secret to this light cheesecake. [Photographs: J. Kenji López-Alt] Love the flavor of cheesecake, but find it too rich? Then this lighter Japanese version is for you. Japanese cheesecake was originally called Souffle cheesecake in Japan and is also popularly called Cotton cheesecake.