Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies. Some things to note about these Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies: Too much candy cane near the edges of the cookie will run. Now this is the only issue I have with these cookies and I have been able to figure out a way for the most part to help keep the candy cane from running in all directions. Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies These cookies are the perfect taste for Christmas.
Beat in egg, then stir in vanilla and peppermint extracts. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie. You can cook Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of 100% cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of coarse salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter or room temperature cubed (1 stick).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated white sugar.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of divided peppermint chips and chocolate chips.
I also like to use it to make Peppermint Bark Chocolate Chip Cookies. I chop up the peppermint bark and add it to chocolate chip cookies and the results are EPIC! Double chocolate chip peppermint cookies are packed with candy cane bits and chocolate chips. Rather than white chocolate, dip each cookie in melted dark chocolate.
Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies step by step
- Pre heat oven to 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside..
- In the bowl of stand mixer (or using a hand mixer) combine the butter and sugar. Beat on medium high speed until light and fluffy 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and peppermint extract. Beat until well combined. Scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips..
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon or use a cookie scoop. Roll into a ball. Slightly flatten the ball and press the top of the dough add more chocolate chips if you want. Place on prepared cookie sheet 1½ inches apart..
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until edges are firm and the center is still soft. Let cool on the cookie sheet 5-10 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely..
You can also stir in dark chocolate chips or chunks. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. These dark chocolate peppermint bark cookies are one of my favorite ways to share holiday cookies with neighbors! These cookies and the Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies are from the same cookie recipe, but it's amazing how different the chips make them. What's more festive than chocolate and peppermint?!