Coconut Macaroons. How To Make the Best Coconut Macaroons. Crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle, a good coconut macaroon is an irresistible thing. These coconut macaroon cookies earned me a first-place ribbon at the county fair.
Coconut macaroons might just be the easiest and most forgiving of all cookies. The BEST Coconut Macaroons for the true coconut lovers out there! Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil. You can have Coconut Macaroons using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Macaroons
- Prepare 150 g of coconut flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 5 of medium egg white.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
Coconut macaroons tend to be rather chewy affairs. That is, until our pastry chef neighbor Evie brought over her macaroons. Soft and smooth on the inside. Coconut Macaroons are all about the sweet flavor of dried coconut, and the contrast of a crispy exterior to a soft and chewy interior.
Coconut Macaroons step by step
- Coconut flakes.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large heatproof mixing bowl Set the bowl directly in a wide skillet of barely simmering water. Stir the mixture with a spatula, scraping the bottom to prevent burning, until the mixture is very hot to the touch and the egg whites have thickened slightly and turned from translucent to opaque, about 5 to 7 minutes. Set the batter aside for 30 minutes to let the flavours to meld..
- Using 2 tablespoons of batter, make heaps of mixture 2 inches apart on the lined cookie sheet. Bake for about 5 minutes, just until the coconut tips begin to color, rotating the pan from front to back halfway through the baking time to ensure even baking. Lower the temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cookies are a beautiful cream and gold colour, with deeper brown edges..
Easy coconut macaroons recipe, soft and moist macaroons made with just sugar, egg white, and shredded coconut dipped in semisweet Coconut Macaroons Recipe. These sweet and simple cookie mounds require only five ingredients! Lightly toast them in the oven and bonus points if you dip them in dark chocolate! The macaroons I had in Cambria were lighter than mine. The ingredients in coconut macaroons are very simple.