Classic chocolate chip cookies. View the Original Recipes Available Online. These chocolate chip cookies were very, very good. I have been trying chocolate chip cookie recipes forever to find the perfect cookie and this one is very close.
This chocolate chip cookie dough has two secrets to success. The first is the addition of cornstarch, which holds in moisture to guarantee a soft-centred cookie. The second is to chill the cookies before baking – this ensures they all bake to the same size and. You can cook Classic chocolate chip cookies using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic chocolate chip cookies
- It’s 1 cup of softened butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 tsp of hot water.
- It’s of ¹/² tsp salt.
- You need 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips.
Take that texture and add a bucketload of chocolate chips and you have the perfect chocolate chip cookie. The chocolate chip cookie that started it all! We named this recipe "Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies," because it's got everything a cookie connoisseur could possibly ask for. With a texture that is slightly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, it's a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that's been top-rated by hundreds of satisfied home cooks.
Classic chocolate chip cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F..
- Cream together butter and white and brown sugar until smooth..
- Beat in one egg at a time then stir in vanilla..
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add to mixture with salt..
- Stir in flour and chocolate chips..
- Bake 10-15 minutes depending on cookie size..
Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. As you know, I love cookies. These are the cookies I teach at Pinners Conference. Even with all the other desserts I make, these are the cookies I get asked about most often.