Lemon Bars. Delicious Vegan Bars Made with only Real Lemon, Cashews, Almonds and Dates. A Delicious Snack Bar You Can Feel Good About Eating. Try Fiber One Brownie Bars Today!
These lemon squares are a delightful recipe from my mother's file. I've been serving it for many years. This lemon bar recipe has a wonderful tangy flavor, and they're always a hit. You can have Lemon Bars using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Bars
- Prepare of Crust.
- You need 1 cup of unsalted butter (softened).
- It’s 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Custard.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of white sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- Prepare of Powdered sugar.
The color and shape make them a nice addition to a platter of cookies. —Etta Soucy, Mesa, Arizona The Contessa's easy-to-make lemon bars make a great dessert for a picnic. Citrus zest is a great flavor booster. I love lemon bars, but they often fall by the wayside and get forgotten for months at a time in our house. We're much more of a chocolate chip cookie/chocolate pie/chocolate sheet cake/chocolate ice cream/chocolate potato chip/chocolate everything household, followed by fruit cobblers and crisps…so I sometimes have to remember to bring lemon bars back into the forefront from time to time.
Lemon Bars step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine ingredients for the crust (softened butter, 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt)..
- Press the dough in an ungreased 9×13 inch pan. Use a fork to poke holes in the dough..
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes until firm and golden..
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, lemon juice, and white sugar. Then add the flour..
- Take the crust out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes..
- Pour the custard mixture in the baked crust and put it back in the oven for 15 mins..
- Let the lemon bars cool to room temperature..
- Cut the lemon bars into squares then sprinkle powdered sugar on top..
Always bake lemon bars at a lower temperature to avoid over-baking. See recipe notes for important tips. They're simply the best lemon bars and are perfect for picnics, bake sales, spring brunches, baby showers, and bridal showers. Lemon bars aren't inherently difficult to make, but they do require some time. How do you make lemon bars?