Chocolate Meringue Cookies. Combine egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla. Homemade recipe for chocolate meringue cookies with chocolate chips. Crunchy meringues on the outside and soft and airy on the inside, great for parties.
Unlike most chocolate meringue cookie recipes Double Chocolate Meringue Cookies. Chocolate Meringue Cookies Recipe, French Meringue Cookies I still remember taking this photo… But a few hundred recipes and years spent with my camera afterwards, here's the "after" photo. You can have Chocolate Meringue Cookies using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Meringue Cookies
- You need of Ingredients.
- You need 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa.
- Prepare 5 large of Egg Whites.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cream of Tartar.
- You need 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- It’s 1 tbsp of powdered sugar.
Chocolate meringue cookies require a bit of technique to perfect and I'll walk you through all of my best tips and tricks below. I originally shared this recipe for chocolate meringues over on The Recipe. These chocolate meringue cookies are beyond irresistible (they are flourless)! They're loaded with walnuts and have a crispy exterior with a chewy chocolatey center.
Chocolate Meringue Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 300º. Cover 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; secure with masking tape. Sift together 1/2 cup powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Place egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add granulated sugar and then cocoa mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla; beat until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets to form 36 mounds. Bake at 300º for 30 minutes, rotating racks after 15 minutes. Turn oven off; cool meringues in closed oven 15-30 minutes or until dry. Sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar. Carefully remove cookies from paper..
These cookies are a must for Santa, we've been making them for years and A few of my other favorite varieties of meringue cookies I like to make for the holidays are. There are the best chocolate meringues. crispy on the outside and a bit gooey on the inside. Chocolate chip meringue cookies are incredibly easy to make and melt in your mouth. They're perfect for any occasion, and especially for holiday cookie exchanges and cookie trays! Chocolate Meringue Cookies are a delicious dessert and are also low in fat.