Merengue cookies/dominican frosting!. The resulting meringue has firm peaks, but a smooth texture, perfect for covering cakes and making elaborate decorations. Depending on the amount of sugar added, the suspiro will remain soft but with firm peaks, or will start to harden after a few hours. It is not hard like the meringue cookies, it is so soft and fluffy, you will love it!!
I hope you have a happy and pleasant experience doing this suspiro recipe. The texture if fluffy and airy. Use this recipe to make Raspberry White Cake. You can have Merengue cookies/dominican frosting! using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Merengue cookies/dominican frosting!
- It’s 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 4 of eggs white (room temperature).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cream of tarta.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of salt.
- It’s 1 of parchment paper.
The icing, which we call "suspiro" is actually meringue, not to be confused with merengue which is something we Dominicans dance to, not something we eat. The traditional filling is made from pineapple, which gives it the faintest of tartness. Royal Icing Recipe With Meringue Powder Simple recipe for creamy royal icing using meringue powder! When I first started making decorated cookies, I was just as reckless as I am right now.
Merengue cookies/dominican frosting! instructions
- preheat oven to 200.
- line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a pot place 1/4 cup of water, 1 cups sugar, and lemon juice. Mix well and let the syrup mixture come to a boil.
- When the syrup begins to thicken slightly, two minute before desired consistency is reached, begin to beat the egg whites with salt and cream of tartar at maximum speed using the whisk attachment. Add the ¼ cup of granulated sugar by sprinkling in the form of rain while the mixer remains beating at high speed . Continue to cook syrup, being careful to stir constantly to prevent sugar crystals from forming.
- Add syrup to the egg whites that have been already beaten into soft peaks while the mixer is beating on high speed in a continuous stream until it finishes. To find out when the syrup is done you must enter a spoon if dripping is in the form of a thread it is ready to pour over the egg whites. Note: It should have a consistency of Karo syrup.
- Continue beating meringue on high speed until the temperature has cooled and you get the desired consistency. Add vanilla when a cool temperature is reached. The more you beat the more thick it will be. this is the time to add food coloring of your choice(optional).
- Pipe onto parchment-covered sheets, put in oven for 1 hour and 1/2, after is done turn off oven amd let it cool in the oven (about hour to half).
- try never to open the oven door while it's cooking or cooling, if you do it will become chewy, also try to use a glass bowl, dry no grease resedue this will affect the frosting.
I "researched" for a few days and then declared myself an expert and went to work. The thing is though.that was a a veritable lifetime ago. Save the egg whites for the meringue later. This recipe tastes delicious made with a semisweet or bittersweet baking bar—we tested to be sure! Try using a turntable when decorating your cake.