Meringue Cookies. The technique takes a little bit of. Meringue Cookies are made with just two main ingredients: stiffly beaten egg whites and superfine (caster) sugar. These baked meringue cookies are crisp, sweet, & light as a cloud!
Want to learn how to make meringues? This meringue cookie is light, airy morsels and the perfect fat-free treat to really beat a sweets craving. Making Meringue Cookies When you're making meringue cookies, the first step is to cover two large baking sheets with parchment paper. You can have Meringue Cookies using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meringue Cookies
- Prepare 3 of large egg whites, room temperature.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of cream of tartar.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1-2 drops of food coloring (optional).
- It’s of Nonpareil sprinkles (optional).
Secure the paper to the pan with masking tape. Meringue cookies are a light and crisp sweet treat. They're easy to make and only require egg whites and sugar! The recipe for these meringue cookies are made using French meringue.
Meringue Cookies instructions
- Preheat the oven to 225°F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and set it aside. Fit a disposable piping bag with either a rounded or a star tip and set that aside..
- In a large bowl (make sure it is completely clean and dry) place the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt. Use either a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and beat the egg white mixture on high speed for about 3 minutes or so, until soft peaks form. Then while the mixer is still running, gradually add in the sugar and continue to beat on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 2 or so more minutes. If using the food coloring, beat it in now..
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer the egg white mixture into the prepared piping bag..
- Pipe out mounds onto the prepared baking tray, raising them up as you do. They won't spread, so you can place them fairly close together. If using sprinkles, then sprinkle them over the meringue cookies now..
- Bake for 60 minutes, then turn the oven off but leave them in the oven for another hour or so. After that, take the tray out of the oven and let them come completely to room temperature. Serve immediately after..
- These can be stored covered at room temperature for up to 2 weeks..
Those Sugar Free Meringue Cookies are a perfect combination of Swiss and Italian Meringues but as a healthier alternative. Meringue Cookies from Delish.com are so simple yet so divine! These Finnish Meringue Cookies are worthy of being on the Christmas cookie list for sure! Called Easter Cookies or Resurrection Cookies, they're made with whipped egg whites, sugar, and pecans. My kids love meringue cookies because of their light crunchy taste and melt-in-your- mouth sweet flavor.