Fluffy Jiggly Japanese Cheesecake (Egg Whites). Fold about ¼ of the egg whites and into the yolk mixture, then repeat with the remaining egg whites until the batter is evenly combined. Fluffy Jiggly Japanese Cheesecake (Egg Whites) instructions. Ube Japanese Cheesecake Recipe: Make a fluffy, jiggly and bouncy Ube Japanese cotton cheesecake with me!.
Pour the well incorporated, but not over-mixed batter into the baking. It is fluffy, it is jiggly and it is yummy! Japanese cheesecake or also known as cotton cake, Japanese souffle cake or pillow cake is a kind of sponge cake where the egg whites are whipped into a meringue and then added to the cream cheese-egg yolk batter to create a fluffy texture. You can have Fluffy Jiggly Japanese Cheesecake (Egg Whites) using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fluffy Jiggly Japanese Cheesecake (Egg Whites)
- Prepare 200 ml of whole milk.
- It’s 80 gr of unsalted butter.
- You need 180 gr of cream cheese (NO low fat).
- Prepare 100 gr of cake flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 7 of egg whites (approximately 225 gr).
- It’s 150 gr of sugar.
Japanese Cheesecake is like nothing you've ever tried before, is similar in name with the American version, but the texture of fluffy to jiggly come to mind, where the typical American cheesecake is dense and tangy in flavor. Light, airy and made with sweet meringue folded into a cream cheese, egg yolk batter that then bakes in a water bath. Unlike its denser, New York cheesecake cousin, our version of bouncy cheesecake uses whipped egg whites to make it a mile high and give it just the right jiggle … go ahead, give it a wiggle! With a dash of vanilla flavor, this Japanese cotton cheesecake tastes even better when topped with whipped cream and fresh berries.
Fluffy Jiggly Japanese Cheesecake (Egg Whites) instructions
- Preheat the oven to 320°F. Fill a pan (diameter minimum 10 in) with water about 1/3 height. Put this pan in the oven while preheat the oven to 320°F. Prepare another pan diameter 8 in. Brush with butter then line the base and the side with parchment paper. Set aside..
- Put milk, butter and cream cheese in a heat-resistant bowl. Place this bowl on a pot filled with boiling water over low heat. Stir it until everything gets dissolved. remove the bowl and strain it to get smooth batter. Leave it to warm / not hot anymore..
- After the mixture gets cool down, add flour and vanilla. Stir until smooth..
- Beat the egg whites on low speed until foamy. Then, add the sugar in 3 batches. Beat on medium or medium high until soft peaks form..
- With a spatula, fold in the meringue into the cheese mixture in 3-4 batches..
- Pour the mixture into the pan that has been prepared. Put the pan in the oven by placing it in a pan filled with water. Bake for 70 – 85 minutes. Test with skewer to see if it's done. The skewer should come out clean..
- Once cooked, remove it from the oven, leave it for a few minutes then take the cake out from the pan. Leave it on the wire rack until it gets cool..
- Enjoy!!! It's so soft and fluffy..
Fold about ¼ of the egg whites and into the yolk mixture, then repeat with the remaining egg whites until the batter is evenly combined. Fold egg whites gently into cheesecake mixture and pour into cake pan. Get ready to whip a lot of egg whites to create this exciting jiggly texture as well as layer in flavors like cream cheese. Japanese cotton cheesecake is the perfect combination of sponge cake, taste and texture-wise. With the pillowy soft cottony, light as air texture of soufflé, just the right sweetness, perfectly fluffy and jiggly with a hint of tart cream cheese. #cottoncheesecake #cottoncheesecakerecipe #japanesecheesecake #japanesecheesecakerecipe #cheesecake #cheesecakerecipe #recipes #jigglycheesecake In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks until smooth, then slowly drizzle in the cream mixture, stirring until evenly combined.