Watermelon ice cream sundae. I had the same incredulous thoughts when I first saw this in an issue of Gourmet a few years ago. • Get the recipe: Watermelon Sundae at Epicurious. Have you ever made this, or another ricotta ice cream? Related: Dinner for Breakfast: Monika's Orange Ricotta Dumplings.
Transfer the watermelon from the grill to ice cream bowls. Top them with generous scoops of vanilla ice cream. Watermelon Sundaes Recipe photo by Taste of Home. You can have Watermelon ice cream sundae using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Watermelon ice cream sundae
- Prepare of Watermelon.
- Prepare of Simple syrup.
- You need to taste of Lime juice.
- Prepare of Vanilla ice cream.
- Prepare of Toppings of choice.
In a blender or food processor, combine the watermelon, honey and cinnamon; cover and process until chunky. An ice cream pyramid to rival any in Egypt, a vanilla sundae gilded with gold, and banana splits, piled with all manner of ice cream toppings. The ice cream can be made with yogurt, canned coconut milk, or sweetened condensed milk or any combination of the three. Each adds a unique flavor and all three options are delicious.
Watermelon ice cream sundae instructions
- So my plan was to have watermelon sorbet…. I was late putting my watermelon in the freezer…. After a long hot day I improvised and ended up with delicious!.
- I made simple syrup (1/4 c. Sugar, to 1/2 c. Water) and set aside to cool. Still fully intending for this to be a sorbet by dinner…..
- 1 watermelon my kids got from the garden was picked a day or two early, no big, perfect for a sorbet. Strip that melon naked, cut it into slices and remove those seeds…..
- I prop my cutting board so the juice can drain into a large dish instead of being wasted all over my counter top and shirt..
- After you get a majority of the seeds out put the pulp in a blender or food processor. The BEST tool is a blender, I errored and used a food processor. It's probably possible to successfully process watermelon but it was outside my skill set today. Don't forget to add the juice you collected while chasing those seeds around. There is a very sticky puddle of watermelon juice behind my second pic that you can't see 🙁 Use a blender….
- Once I mopped up my counter, I poured the watermelon and simple syrup into a freezer safe container. Then I very precisely added lime juice, I actually just dumped some in tasted and added until it was where I wanted it… I'd say about 2 Tbsp. but go with what you like….
- Then I put the container in the refrigerator, because sometimes I do things that do not make sense. At least it wasn't putting milk in the pantry, not that I have ever done that….
- Sometime later I realized my rushed mistake and with fingers crossed put the container in the freezer, that freezes stuff, right. An hour before dinner and hot from the summer heat I confirmed that my sorbet would not be dessert this evening…..
- Motherhood and cooking are big on improvisation…. I decided to make watermelon ice cream sundaes… Equal amounts of vanilla ice cream, and water melon slush, Redi Wip, chocolate syrup. It was stupid good. But melts fast, so move it people! :).
If your watermelon isn't sweet, you may find you have to add a little sweetener to the ice cream. Recipe courtesy of Gina Neely and Pat Neely. Brush the triangles with the syrup during the last minute of cooking. Transfer the watermelon from the grill to ice cream bowls and top them with generous scoops of vanilla ice cream. Watermelon Ice Cream comes in three types: Lolly.