Chewy Chocolate Granola Bars.
You can cook Chewy Chocolate Granola Bars using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chewy Chocolate Granola Bars
- It’s 6 tbsp of Unsalted Butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Light Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Honey.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 cup of Instant Oats (Quaker Quick 1-minute).
- You need 1 3/4 cup of Rice Krispies.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sliced Almonds.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Flax Meal or Wheat Germ.
- You need 1/3 cup of Mini Chocolate Chips.
Chewy Chocolate Granola Bars step by step
- Line a 9 – 13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Then spray the foil lightly with a nonstick cooking spray..
- Combine the butter, light brown sugar, and honey in a large pot. Then bring it to a boil over medium high heat. Stir constantly to avoid burning..
- Lower the heat to allow the mixture to thicken, then remove the pan away from the heat and add the salt and vanilla..
- Next begin adding the Instant Oats, Rice Krispies, almonds, and flax meal (or wheat germ). Mix it all by folding the ingredients together using a rubber spatula..
- Next spread and press the mixture into the baking pan along with the chocolate chips on the top..
- Make sure the mixture is firmly compacted within the pan, then place it into the refrigerator for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours..
- After the granola is refrigerated place it onto a cutting board and cut into small rectangles..
- Store bars in an airtight container and layer the bars with parchment paper or foil..