Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars. Chocolate chip granola bars are a staple in my pantry, but between my husband, my kids, and my kids' hungry friends, I can't seem to keep enough of them in the house. So I figured it was time to try and make them from scratch, and maybe even sneak in some health food. This Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bar Recipe is THE BEST and easiest way to make granola bars!
Every chewylicious bite is made with real, mouth-watering. A simple and delicious gluten-free recipe! Pre-packaged, too sweet, milk chocolate granola bars at lunch and before volleyball practice. You can have Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- It’s 6 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of + 2 TBSP. honey.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 cup of quick oats( instant cooking).
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of rice krispies.
- You need 1/2 cup of almonds ( I used walnuts) – chopped finely.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of wheat germ.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
Super Easy No Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars. Loaded with almonds, pecans, honey and chocolate chips. The perfect on the go breakfast! Oats: I use old fashioned rolled oats in this recipe.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars step by step
- Line a 13×9 pan with alumium foil. Leave a little over hang. Spray lightly..
- In a large pot. Combine butter, brown sugar & honey..
- Bring mixture to a boil.over medium high heat. Stirring constantly. Lower heat . Simmer until mixture is dissolved & slightly thickened. About 2 min. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and salt..
- Add oats – rice cereal. – nuts- wheat germ to pan. Fold until combined..
- Transfer mixture to your prepared pan . Press down lightly with a spatula to even out. Sprinkle choc. Chips over top. Press down so chips stick in place..
- Place in fridge 90 min up to 2 hrs.To chill.Use foil overhang to transfer to cutting board. Cut into retangles..
Quick oats can also be used. I always had a box stashed in my desk drawer just in case I got a case of the hungries and had to rush off to a meeting or needed an afternoon pick-me-up. I loved that they were soft and chewy, and of course that they had chocolate in them. I am honestly not sure if I've. Same great taste. (Packaging may vary) Flavor:Chocolate Chip.