Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars. Serve these at any summer party or celebration where there is a crowd of. These bars combines the velvety richness of cheesecake with fresh tangy rhubarb for a delicious dessert that everyone will love. Beat cream cheese, white sugar, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl.
These Rhubarb Cream Cheese Bars are easy to make and so delicious. The perfect combination of sweet and tart, this rhubarb dessert is great for Everyone immediately liked its sweet and tart combo. And I appreciate that it has just enough cream cheese to impart creamy decadence, but not. You can have Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars
- You need of For the rhubarb puree.
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped rhubarb.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare of For the cream cheese shortbread.
- You need 5 oz of low-fat cream cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/3 cups of flour.
- Prepare of For the rhubarb curd.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of rhubarb puree.
- You need 1/2 can of pitted, dark, sweet, cherries in heavy syrup chopped.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need of red dye.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare of zest of 1 lemon.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
Brownie Desserts Oreo Dessert Mini Desserts Coconut Dessert Rhubarb Desserts Rhubarb Cake Dessert Bars Just Desserts Dessert Recipes. A sweetened cream cheese swirl ties the unexpectedly delicious combination of chocolate and rhubarb together in these soft, chewy brownies. These dessert bars have a tart and sweet custard-like topping atop a shortbread-like crust. Great topped with vanilla ice cream, but what isn't?
Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars step by step
- Opt for thinner, red rhubarb stalks — When choosing your rhubarb from the store or farmers market, go for the stalks that are mostly red and thinner. These stalks will be sweeter than the thick green ones..
- In a medium pot, combine chopped rhubarb, sugar, and water and heat over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, or until the rhubarb is completely broken down. Transfer mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Turn mixer to low speed and incorporate flour. Press dough firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish, spreading evenly to the edges. Bake for 15 minutes..
- While the shortbread is cooking, make the rhubarb curd! In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients except for the flour. Here is also where I added the cherries and brown sugar. Use as much red dye as you’d like, and remember that the color will fade a bit during cooking. Once mixed, whisk in the flour..
- Pour the rhubarb curd on top of the cream cheese shortbread, then bake for an additional 20 minutes to set the rhubarb..
- Cool bars for at least 4 hours in fridge..
- Then cut and top with powdered sugar! Serve & Enjoy!.
Pour the rhubarb mixture over the crust. To make the cream cheese filling: In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Use tart rhubarb to make a new and updated version of everyone's favorite dessert: lemon bars. Enjoy these dessert squares filled with cream cheese, and topped with rhubarb and berries. Whipped cream, cream cheese and shortbread.