Mango Kulfi. Mango Kulfi is an Indian frozen dessert which is an Indianized version of Mango Ice Cream which is creamier and denser. Kulfi is generally prepared by reducing and thickening milk by slow cooking. Here you have to stir continuously to prevent milk from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
How to Make Mango Kulfi The traditional way to make kulfi involves cooking the milk until it thickens up quite a bit. Then milk solids are added to the kulfi to make it creamier and its then flavored with cardamom, nuts, saffron. These days people also make a quick version of kulfi in which you don't cook at all. You can have Mango Kulfi using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mango Kulfi
- You need 375 gm of milk evaporated.
- You need 300 ml of heavy cream.
- Prepare 450 gm of mango puree.
- Prepare 1/2 cups of ground almonds.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cardamom ground powder.
- You need of pistachios ground to garnish.
Though kulfi is often compared to ice cream, it's nothing like it: Kulfi isn't churned. The protein and sugar create a rich, dense texture that is slightly crystalline and quick to melt. This recipe for instant mango kulfi takes short cuts, using canned sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream. Mango kulfi is an Indian frozen dense dessert made from milk and mango puree.
Mango Kulfi instructions
- Pour the evaporated milk and the cream into a pan. I used a non stick pan. Stir together and let it sit on medium heat. Give it a couple of minutes and then add the almonds and the sugar..
- Continue stirring for about 7-8mins and you will start to see the mixture thicken. Once it thickens, remove from the heat and let it cool completely..
- I stirred it on and off so you avoid a milky skin form on top. After it has fully cooled down, I added in the mango puree and the cardamom powder..
- Pour into the molds and let it freeze for around 6hours. Before serving, let it sit in the fridge for a while, or if it's summer time like its in NZ, stick it on the kitchen bench and it should easily slide out on your serving bowl..
- Garnish with the ground pistachios and serve straight away or it will definitely melt !!!.
Summers and kulfi go together for us. So whenever the Indian summers arrive kulfi also starts beckoning. Its just like summers are best to make pickles and papads. How to make Mango Kulfi Mix the NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and milk together in a pan. Add the beaten chilled cream and mix well till combined.