Mango Kulfi. Mango kulfi is a traditional, rich, and creamy frozen dessert from India. Learn to make no cook mango kulfi recipe with step-by-step video instructions. Mango kulfi Recipe with step by step photos.
So whenever the Indian summers arrive kulfi also starts beckoning. Its just like summers are best to make pickles and papads. In a similar way kulfis are best in the summer. You can cook Mango Kulfi using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mango Kulfi
- It’s 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need of puree of 2-3 Alphonso mangoes (1 cup).
- It’s of sugar to taste (opt).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of cardamom powder.
- You need 4 of crumbled milk pedas or as needed.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of rose water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of chopped almonds.
- It’s pinch of saffron.
Mango kulfi is the Indian version of Mango Ice Cream and is one treat that you wouldn't want to miss when mangoes are in season! Rich and creamy Mango Kulfi is the ultimate summer dessert! Thickened milk is flavored with milk powder, mango puree, nuts and cardamom and then frozen until set. Though kulfi is often compared to ice cream, it's nothing like it: Kulfi isn't churned.
Mango Kulfi step by step
- To the evaporated milk add the crumbled pedas and half of the almonds and mix well. Keep aside to cool..
- Add the mango puree, cardamom powder and rose water. Combine everything well. Pour into kulfi moulds and freeze overnight..
- While serving, dip the moulds in water for a minute to loosen them. Then arrange the kulfi on a serving plate, garnished with remaining almonds and saffron..
The protein and sugar create a rich, dense texture that is slightly crystalline and quick to melt. This recipe for instant mango kulfi takes short cuts, using canned sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream. Mango kulfi recipe with video & step by step photos – Kulfi is an Indian ice cream made with milk, sugar and other flavoring ingredients. There are a few different variations of making it and the method I am sharing here is one of them. Mango kulfi can be made from scratch by evaporating the milk for long time and then cooling it down then adding the mango pulp.