Date Palm Jaggery Ice Cream. Date Palm Jaggery Ice Cream, a deliciously amazing recipe to treat your family members. This recipe of Date Palm Jaggery Ice Cream by Kankana Saxena will definitely help you in its preparation. Surprisingly the preparations for Date Palm Jaggery Ice Cream can be done within few minute.
The aroma of this Nolen Gurer Ice Cream (Date Palm Jaggery ice Cream) make you more hungry and you couldn't stop yourself from having this. Nolen Gur er Ice Cream is a popular dessert in West Bengal, India and Bangladesh. This Bengali delicacy is known as Date Palm Jaggery Ice Cream to the rest of the world. You can cook Date Palm Jaggery Ice Cream using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Date Palm Jaggery Ice Cream
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2 cups evaporated milk (reduced thick milk).
- It’s 1/2 cup of melted jaggery or to taste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of cardamom powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of rose water / kewra water.
- You need of chopped nuts to garnish.
- It’s of grated jaggery to garnish.
Nolen Gur Ice Cream (Date Palm Jaggery), a deliciously finger licking recipe to treat your family and friends. This recipe of Nolen Gur Ice Cream (Date Palm Jaggery) by Sayan Majumder will definitely help you in its preparation. A very unique flavored ice cream prepared with date palm jaggery. This jaggery is typically available in Kolkata, during winter.
Date Palm Jaggery Ice Cream step by step
- Blend together all the above mentioned ingredients (except chopped nuts & grated jaggery)..
- Transfer to an air-tight container and freeze for 2 hours. Then stir with a spoon and again freeze for another two hours..
- Keep stirring 2-3 times. Finally freeze overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours. Serve in individual bowls and enjoy this delectable ice cream chilled..
- In the absence of date palm jaggery, you can try with normal jaggery too. But the aromatic flavour of this particular jaggery may be missing..
The jaggery is derived from the sap of Date Palm Tree, which is cooked to bring that striking burgundy color. It's then stored in earthen pots that boosts its flavor and eventually solidifies. Cream rich with the flavor of date palm jaggery, this Nolen Gur Kulfi is a treat you need to try this summer! I first experienced Nolen Gur Ice Cream in Kolkata! I grew up eating this jaggery a lot but Ice Cream was new and absolutely fell in love with the taste.