German Chocolate Brownie Sandwich Cookies. I prefer a cookie to be more portable. Great recipe for German Chocolate Brownie Sandwich Cookies. The cookies are a take on my fudge brownies and are good.
I am old, I remember the product. Love the fact Tessa, that you take the time to cook from scratch. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. You can cook German Chocolate Brownie Sandwich Cookies using 18 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Brownie Sandwich Cookies
- Prepare of BROWNIE COOKIES.
- Prepare 8 oz of unsalted butter, at room temperature (;2 sticks ).
- You need 2 oz of unsweetened chocolate, chopped.
- It’s 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of COCONUT PECAN FIlling.
- Prepare 1 of 12 ounce can evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of salted butter ( 1 1/2 sticks ).
- Prepare 4 of large egg yolks, whisked to combine, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 7 oz of flaked sweetened coconut.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
These German Chocolate Brownie Cookies are delicious, soft and chewy. It might sound a little immodest, but everyone who tried, said that these German chocolate brownie cookies are really of the best I had ever made (and I make cookies really often). German Chocolate Brownies topped with a layer of cheesecake will be a big hit with coconut/chocolate lovers. The brownie layer is made with a box of German Chocolate cake mix with a few pecans and some shredded coconut added in for more german chocolate goodness.
German Chocolate Brownie Sandwich Cookies step by step
- Make Coconut Pecan Filling, it needs to cool.
- In a saucepan combine butter, sugar and milk , bring to a simmer and cook until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.slowly whisk some hot mixture to whisked egg yolks to temper them, adding enough to make them hot. Then slowly wisk in back into saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, coconut and pecans, scrape into a bowl and let cool to room temoerature.
- MAKE THE BROWNIE COOKIES.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt chopped chocolate in microwave just until smooth, let cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a bowl, whisk to combine, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each egg.
- Stir in the flour mixture until well combined. Chill dough 30 to 60 minutes until its easy to roll into balls.
- Roll dog into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake about 11 minutes until puffed and just set. Cool on pan on wire rack 5 minutes them transfer to racks to cool completely.
- ASSEMBLE THE SANDWICH COOKIES.
- Place one cookie flat side up on work surface.
- Spread some cooled coconut pecan filling on cookie.
- Add another cookie on top and press lightly to make c sandwich. This makes about 20 sandwich cookies.
Fold in chocolate chips and coconut. (Batter will be thick.) Lightly and evenly press batter in pan. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Make your brownies #worthit by filling them with flavors like cookies 'n' cream, German chocolate and Black Forest.