Simple Sugar Cookies. Wish someone well with a cookie care package that's sure to shape smiles. If you can't mail a hug, this is the next best thing. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
Made with just a few simple ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen! Cookies Easy Sugar Cookies Recipe European Print This. I baked sugar cookies in pre-formed holiday baking sheets (I stuffed the dough in the decorative slots)for my children and nieces to decorate. You can cook Simple Sugar Cookies using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Sugar Cookies
- It’s 4 3/4 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of + 3 tbsp white sugar.
- It’s 2 of medium-sized eggs.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of vanilla bean extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
I loved this recipe because it really is simple and when baked in the pre-formed Christmas baking sheet (found at bed, bath & beyond) they were thick and soft! Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just blended. This Recipe is a State Fair Blue Ribbon winner.
Simple Sugar Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. (350 degrees Fahrenheit.).
- In a medium-sized bowl, using a whisk, combine flour, baking powder and salt..
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, using a hand mixer, combine butter and sugar for 3 minutes until it’s fluffy..
- Then, add the eggs and vanilla bean extract. Mix with hand mixer for 1 minute..
- Add 3 cups of the dry mixture, a little at a time, to the wet ingredients and mix with the hand mixer. Then, add the remaining flour and mix by hand until combined..
- Lightly flour your work surface (counter top, cutting board etc.).
- Cut the dough in half. Cover the other half of the dough with Saran Wrap and put in the fridge to keep cool..
- Roll out your dough to about 1/2 inch thick. Use your favorite cookie cutters and start cutting! Once you are finished, get the other half of the dough from the fridge and repeat the process..
- Pro Tip: Lightly spray your cookie trays with olive oil spray, then place down the parchment paper on top. This will keep the parchment paper from sliding around while placing down the cookies..
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until it’s lightly brown. Place on a cooling rack..
- Easy, cute and delicious! Enjoy..
This is an easy sugar cookie recipe, you don't have to roll it out, and the cookies are soft and chewy, unlike other sugar cookies. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Get the recipe for Sugar Cookies.