fruit and seed granola bars. Nature Valley™ Fruit and Nut Bars. Nature Valley™ Fruit and Nut Granola Bars. Made with Whole Grains, Real Fruit & Fiber.
These easy, homemade granola bars are perfect for that. They nourish little bodies (or big bodies, these are for everyone!) with oats, almonds, two different kinds of seeds, dried fruit, and very little added sweetener. Fruit and Nut Granola Bars: The Perfect Healthy Snack It's great to make homemade granola bars, because that way you get to control what goes into them. You can have fruit and seed granola bars using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of fruit and seed granola bars
- Prepare of wet ingredients.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of agave syrup.
- It’s 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of light oil.
- Prepare of dry ingredients.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried coconut.
- It’s 1 cup of rolled oats.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chia seeds.
- It’s 1 cup of rice cereal.
- You need 1/4 cup of dried cranberry.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped dried apricots.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds or other chopped nuts.
This recipe is made with a bunch of good-for-you ingredients, such as rolled oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds and dried fruit. I love making my own granola bars. It only takes a few minutes of prep time. And I get to customize them with all of my favorite things.
fruit and seed granola bars step by step
- preheat oven to 250.
- line 13×9 inch pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- whisk wet ingredients together with the oil last.
- use food processor to grind half of the rice cereal and oats.
- add ground rice and oats to wet ingredients and mix well.
- add remaining ingredients to mixture and stir well.
- scoop mixture into greased pan and smooth with a spatula.
- bake for 45 minutes or until golden.
- let cool for an hour before cutting with a non-serrated knife.
This recipe features pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. I threw in some cashews and pistachios as well. For the dried fruit, I used apricots raisins, and goji berries. Toasting Oats, Nuts & Seeds for the Fruit And Nut Granola Bars (Homemade Granola) Before you combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Toasting the oats, coconut, sunflower seeds, and flaxseed adds a rich, nutty taste to these granola bars.