Quinoa Coconut Granola Bars. Nature Valley™ Coconut Crunchy Bars are Made with Whole Grains. Toasted Coconut, Honey & Whole Grain Oats. Place mixture in a large bowl and add coconut, nuts, and dried cranberries.
Stir in flax seed, chocolate chips and salt into cooled oats. Return mixture to a large bowl; add coconut, pecans, and dried cranberries. Return mixture to a large bowl and add coconut, and dried cranberries. You can cook Quinoa Coconut Granola Bars using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quinoa Coconut Granola Bars
- You need 1 cup of Uncooked quinoa.
- Prepare 1 cup of Oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of Coconut.
- You need 1 cup of Combination of nuts and dried fruits ex: pecan.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of Peanut butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of Honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Canola oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Brown sugar.
Bring to a boil over medium heat and immediately remove from heat. To make the granola, mix all dry granola ingredients, including the soaked quinoa, in a bowl. Heat oil and honey in a small saucepan until thin; stir into dry ingredients until mixed. Pour mixture into a bowl, add the oats and nuts (NOT the coconut, quinoa or seeds, or dried fruit, which will be added later) and toss until evenly coated.
Quinoa Coconut Granola Bars step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a ceramic or glass 9X13 inch baking dish. Spread oats and quinoa on a cookie sheet and toast in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Return mixture to a large bowl and add coconut, nuts, and dried fruit. In a medium saucepan, combine salt, peanut butter, honey, oil, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat and immediately remove from heat. Pour over oats mixture and combine until dry ingredients are evenly coated. Pour into baking dish. Press mixture down into pan.Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for up to 2 hours and then cut and serve..
- For a tastier treat, we took: 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 TBL oil.
- Melted in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring until melted. Cut the granola bars, and dipped each one in the chocolate, and let sit on a piece of parchment paper until it hardened..
In a bowl, mix together the oats, quinoa and if using, the chia seeds and additional nuts. In a large mixing bowl, combine your toasted oats, quinoa, seeds, & cashews, as well as your shredded coconut & crystallized ginger. Pour your honey, sugar, salt & vanilla mixture into your dry ingredients, mix until evenly combined. These Quinoa Granola Bars are the perfect solution! Packed with nutrition from quinoa flakes, oats, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut, these granola bars are just what I need to power through an afternoon slump.