Easy soft Sugar Cookies. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. This recipe has a few key elements that help make it really special. The first thing you might notice about this soft sugar cookie recipe is that there is no cream of tartar listed in the ingredients. You can have Easy soft Sugar Cookies using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy soft Sugar Cookies
- You need of ingredients.
- You need 3 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of (unsalted) butter, softened.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
Easy soft Sugar Cookies instructions
- sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla. Then add egg and egg yolk and mix well..
- add flour mixture to butter mixture, mix together..
- line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper. press dough into pan..
- chill dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes, until the edges begin to golden slightly..
- cool, cut, eat, enjoy!.
The key to soft and chewy sugar cookies is the combination of baking soda and baking powder. If you only use baking powder, you'll get thick cookies that are too cake-like. If you only use baking soda, the cookies will be too thin. For an easy make ahead sugar cookie recipe, prepare your sugar cookie dough, through rolling in the sugar, and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.