Easy Almond Breeze Sugar Cookies. This recipe is easy and uses Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk and Almond Breeze Vanilla Almondmilk. Tender sugar cookies couldn't be easier. Customize them for any event by sprinkling with appropriately colored decorator sugar or sprinkles.
Plus, because you're baking right on the paper, clean-up is a breeze. These cookies are the be-all and end-all of sugar cookies. I love the addition of almond (as you well know I am a sucker for anything almond). You can cook Easy Almond Breeze Sugar Cookies using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Almond Breeze Sugar Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of butter flavored vegetable shortening.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You need 2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar.
- You need 3-4 tablespoons of Original Almond Breeze® Almondmilk, divided.
- It’s of Sugar, decorator sugar or sprinkles.
- It’s of Frosting, if desired.
- You need 4 cups of powdered sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of vegetable shortening.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- It’s 3-4 tablespoons of Vanilla Almond Breeze® Almondmilk.
- It’s of Food coloring.
SOFT ALMOND SUGAR COOKIES These almond sugar cookies are soft and chewy on the inside with a light crisp on the outside. They are packed with almond flavor and are perfect for anyone that loves almonds. The perfect sandwich cookies, these Easy Almond Linzer Cookies are loaded with flavor and taste heavenly! Dust the top parts with powdered sugar.
Easy Almond Breeze Sugar Cookies instructions
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper..
- In large bowl, beat 1 cup shortening, sugar, egg and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, scraping sides of bowl if necessary. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and cream of tartar. Mix on low speed until well mixed. Add 2 tablespoons of the Almondmilk and beat until smooth..
- Form into 1 1/4-inch balls, using rounded tablespoonfuls of dough. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Spray flat bottom of measuring cup or drinking glass with cooking spray; dip in sugar. Press each cookie flat, dipping into sugar every other time. If desired, lightly brush tops of cookies with remaining Almondmilk and sprinkle with colored decorator sugar or sprinkles, or leave plain and frost when cooled..
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges start to brown. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove to cooling racks..
- In large bowl, beat powdered sugar, 3/4 cup shortening, vanilla and 3 tablespoons of the Almondmilk with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, adding Almondmilk for desired spreading consistency. Tint as desired with food coloring..
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: Use the base recipe below, and stir in pieces of your favorite cookie dough or the dough of any of these healthy cookies recipes. One of my favorites is Almond Breeze almond cashew blend, or you can even make your own almond milk or Oat Milk at home and use that! Plus How to Ice your cookies the EASY way! You definitely need to know this method, anyone can do it!! My favorite memories of Christmas involve Sugar Cookies.