Lemon cheese cake. This Lemon Cheesecake is smooth, thick and creamy! It's got a light lemon flavor in the cheesecake and big lemon punch from the lemon curd on top! Light and creamy, this lemon cheesecake recipe is just the thing for a spring or summer's day.
Tart Lemon Cheesecake sits atop an almond-graham cracker crust to add a delightful nuttiness to the traditional graham cracker crust. Finish the cheesecake with lemon curd. Lemon Cheese Cake is an old favorite here in the south. You can cook Lemon cheese cake using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon cheese cake
- You need 125 grams of digestive biscuits (crushed).
- It’s 75 grams of butter.
- You need 300 grams of soft cheese (philadelphia or similar).
- It’s 60 grams of icing suger.
- It’s 1 of juice of one lemon.
- It’s 250 grams of double cream (small pot).
I have asked several ladies who have been making this cake for countless years why a cheeseless cake is so named? These lemon cheesecake bars are so creamy, so rich and lemony. Easy and refreshing dessert that you must try! If you are a lemon dessert lover.
Lemon cheese cake step by step
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the crushed digestives to the butter and mix well in till all the crumbs are coated.
- Put the mixture into a round baking tin (preferably a tin with a loose bottom) and press down with a spoon.
- Put the mixture into the fridge to set.
- Mix the soft cheese then add the icing sugar and mix agian.
- Add the lemon juice and mix again.
- Whip the cream in till softly stiff (it should look like the same consistency of the soft cheese).
- Mix in the cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the mixture onto the biscuit base and push out to the edges.
- Put the cheese cake back into the fridge and chill for at least 3 hours (but for best results chill over night).
- To serve sprinkle with fruit or chocolate or just leave it pure. (You can even use the zest of the lemon).
- If you can't find any digestive biscuits or just fancy a different base there are other alternitves like, hobnobs, Ginger nut biscuits, gram crackers, Crushed shortbread or any oaty biscuits and for something a little bit more different use crushed Oreos (dark or white).
A cookie-like crust brings this luscious Lemon Cheesecake recipe to a league of its own. These individual Lemon Cheesecakes have a graham cracker crust. a New York stye cheesecake filling, and are topped with a layer of lemon curd. Recipe by Brooke the Cook in. Allow pie crust to cool while combining condensed milk and cream cheese (very important for ingredients to be at. Lemon cheesecake is a refreshing lemon dessert, bursting with flavour and is super easy to make.