Sig's Orange Upside-Down Cheesecake. Be the first to review this recipe. Try this Orange Upside-Down Cheesecake recipe, or contribute your own. The Best New York Cheesecake Recipe
Chill until slightly thickened, but not set. Combine pineapple upside down cake and cheesecake for the ultimate dessert. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake; cool completely. You can cook Sig's Orange Upside-Down Cheesecake using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's Orange Upside-Down Cheesecake
- You need of base.
- Prepare 75 grams of ground almonds.
- You need 1/3 cup of each of castor sugar, plain flour and soft butter.
- You need of filling.
- You need 2 cups of castor sugar.
- Prepare 4 of medium oranges, thinly sliced, keep odd fleshy bits.
- You need 250 grams of each of cream cheese and mascarpone/ room temperature.
- It’s 2 tbsp of orange liquor or brandy or orange juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of powder or 4- 5 sheets gelatin (or vegetarian equivalent).
- You need 1 1/4 cup of thick double or heavy cream, whipped.
- You need 1-2 packages of orange cake glaze.
- It’s 1 of good handful pomegranate seeds& (optional).
I was afraid of upside-down cakes when I first started baking. In the cold days of a long winter, our tables are brightened by citrus season, and nothing has more flair than a blood orange. Here is a recipe of another orange cake for you to try… or you can check out fluffy japanese cheesecake recipe. We are suckers for a good pineapple upside down cake and this just might be our favorite version yet.
Sig's Orange Upside-Down Cheesecake instructions
- Place almonds, sugar, flour and butter into a bowl make into a paste. Almost as if it you are making a dough. Press the paste into a 2) cm springform and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool and turn out..
- Place und two cups of sugar and one cup of water into a large saucepan and boil, stir until all sugar has dissolved,add the orange slices, simmer slightly about 15-20 minutes. Remove orange slices carefully, drain. Set aside boiling syrup..
- Arrange the orange slices around the edge and bottom of the springform in an overlapping pattern.Chop enough of the remaining orange flesh to fill half a cup from the leftover bits..
- Place creamcheese and mascarpone into a bowl, beat until smooth, gradually add liqueur, lemon juice and orange flesh, mix in well. You can add pomegranate seeds now or use them later for decoration..
- Whisk gelatin according to instructions with 1/2 cup syrup (set aside) dissolve gelatine, cool, stir into creamcheese mixture..
- Lightly whip cream, fold into cheese mixture. Now pour the mixture into the tin over the orange slices. Place the baked base gently into top until all is level. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours at least or overnight. You can freeze this slightly for about 45 minutes. Before serving place Cheesecake upside-down onto serving dish. Heat the rest of the syrup, add packets of orange cake glace stir until fully dissolved..
- Cool slightly then carefully cover cake and let it set just before serving. Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over top if not used in mixture of creamcheese/mascarpone mix..
The creamy cheesecake layer makes the cake perfectly decadent and the two just Meanwhile, make cheesecake layer: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Orange Upside Down Cake with vanilla and honey on wooden background. selective Focus. Orange Upside Down Cake Recipe: discover a great Orange Upside Down Cake recipe which break the common rules and subsitutes oranges to apples in a fragrant upside down cakeOrange that will delight everyone. This fennel & orange upside down cornmeal cake recipe is a showstopper for special occasions. The moist cake features blood oranges for a pop of color!