Strawberry Meringue Gelato Cake. To serve the gelato cake, unwrap the outer layer of cling film, then unpeel the top and use these bits of long overhanging wrap to lift out the ice-cream brick. A Meringue Cake is an impressive looking layer cake. Unwrap and unmould it onto a board and cut the frozen meringue cake into slabs to serve.
Every single gelato cake is hand made by our team of in-house gelato chefs. vanilla gelato. strawberry sorbet. wild strawberry mousse. strawberry & marsala soaked sponge milk chocolate gelato. raspberry sorbet. raspberry gel. chocolate crunch. finished with torched raspberry meringue. Strawberry Meringue Cake. "Guests say 'Wow!' when I present this torte," reports field editor Dorothy Anderson of Ottawa, Kansas. Cool in pans on wire racks (meringue will crack). You can cook Strawberry Meringue Gelato Cake using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Meringue Gelato Cake
- Prepare of Italian meringue.
- You need 4 of fresh egg whites.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of liquid glucose or light corn syrup.
- Prepare of strawberries.
- Prepare 3 cup of strawberries, washed, dried and hulled.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of icing/confectioner's sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white sugar.
- It’s of cream.
- It’s 3/4 cup of double/heavy cream.
But this gelato cake comes from quite literary roots, reminding us that we should be open to finding cooking inspiration in all sorts of places: dusty The frozen cake is downy, like a more weightless icebox cake, with gentle crackles of meringue and chocolate that melt away quickly on your tongue. This light, flourless cake recipe features crispy, chewy rounds of almond meringue layered with strawberries and whipped cream. Strawberry Meringue Cake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. For the meringue: Whisk the egg whites with the lemon juice until stiff.
Strawberry Meringue Gelato Cake step by step
- To make the Italian meringue, put the sugar, water and glucose/corn syrup in a medium large pot. Put the eggs in the (scrupulously clean) bowl of a stand mixer..
- Set the heat under the pot to medium high, bring the sugar mix to the boil, swirling the pot to move the sugar once it dissolves..
- Use a sugar thermometer to check the temperature of the boiling syrup. Please be careful with hot sugar! When the temperature reaches 100C, start the whisk on the stand mixer to high..
- When the sugar reaches 116C (or the 'soft ball' stage), take the syrup off the heat and slowly pour into the fluffly egg whites, keeping the mixer on a medium high speed..
- Once all the syrup is poured in, turn the speed down to low, and leave it whisking until the egg whites have cooled, this can take up to thirty minutes..
- While this is happening, take half of the strawberries and the confectioner's sugar and blitz them in a food processor until smooth. Strain them through a sieve to remove any seeds, and keep in the fridge..
- Take the other half of the strawberries and slice them up. Reserve the nicest slices to decorate your cake, add the white sugar to the rest and leave to mascerate..
- Put the cream in a large bowl and whip to the consistency of soft ice cream (think of sundaes or Mr Whippy, in the UK).
- Take a loaf tin that holds at least six cups, you may need another container as this mixture can make up to ten cups worth…dampen it with a little water, shake off the excess, and line it with plastic wrap..
- Place the reserved strawberry slices in a pattern on the bottom of your lined loaf tin..
- Take the cream and spoon it into the meringue, along with the strawberry purée and the sliced strawberries. Fold it all together gently with a meal spoon, until it is just rippled..
- Spoon mixture into the prepared tin, any extra can be spooned into another lined container. The top if the main cake can be smoothed out with a spatula dragged across it, rather like a bricklayer smooths the cement on a brick wall. Do this over the other container to catch the excess mixture..
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until set. This will take at least 7-8 hours, but can be left overnight to firm up fully..
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving, pull the plastic wrap, turn onto a serving plate, remove the plastic wrap and use a bread knife soaked in hot water to cut slices..
Add the sugar gradually, whisking constantly, until the meringue is glossy and holds stiff peaks. Divide the meringue evenly between the pans, spreading it in an even layer over the cake batter, and sprinkle with almonds. Eggs, salt, sugar, cake flour, cornstarch, water, lemon juice, kirsch (cherry brandy), strawberries, egg whites, almonds. Break eggs into bowl of electric mixer. Place bowl over pan of simmering water.