Lemon cheesecake. This Lemon Cheesecake is smooth, thick and creamy! It's got a light lemon flavor in the cheesecake and big lemon punch from the lemon curd on top! A great combination of sweet and tart!
This is the creamiest, most delectable, most lemony cheesecake! It's speckled with lemon zest and topped with tart, luscious lemon curd. Tart Lemon Cheesecake sits atop an almond-graham cracker crust to add a delightful nuttiness to the traditional graham cracker crust. You can have Lemon cheesecake using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon cheesecake
- You need 200 g of digestive biscuits.
- Prepare 60 g of butter.
- Prepare 1 of lemon zest and juice of.
- Prepare 300 g of medium fat cream cheese I used original Philadelphia.
- You need 75 grams of caster sugar.
- You need 150 ml of double cream.
These individual Lemon Cheesecakes have a graham cracker crust. a New York stye cheesecake filling, and are topped with a layer of lemon curd. A cookie-like crust brings this luscious Lemon Cheesecake recipe to a league of its own. These lemon cheesecake bars are so creamy, so rich and lemony. Easy and refreshing dessert that you must try!
Lemon cheesecake instructions
- Crush the biscuits up either into a food bag with a rolling pin or put into a food processor. Add the biscuit crumbs to the melted butter (which can be melted either on a hob slowly or in the microwave 1-2 minutes) and stir with a wooden spoon until completely mixed..
- Tip into a 20cm springform tin and press down with a glass to flatten out. And chill for about 20 minutes..
- Wash the lemon, dry and then grate into a bowl, cut the lemon in half and squeeze out the juice into a sieve so it catches all the Pips..
- Put the cream cheese sugar into a mixing bowl beat until well mixed and then whisk in the double cream I used a hand mixer for all of us until nice and thickened. Add in the lemon juice and Zest whisking until creamy..
- Make sure the base is chilled before pouring the cream cheese mixture into it. Spread out evenly..
- Put into the fridge to chill for a few hours. Then decorate if you want and serve. This recipe can be doubled as that is what I did as I have a big family. I used a 10 inch 26cm springform tin..
If you are a lemon dessert lover. You can make the lemon curd up to two weeks in advance; just be sure to store it in the refrigerator. Easy enough for a beginner who has never baked a cheesecake! This reduced fat recipe has half the fat of comparable cheesecakes! This lemon cheesecake recipe makes the lightest creamiest no bake lemon cheesecake EVER!