Kunafeh Turkish dessert (middle Eastern sweet pastry cheese).
You can cook Kunafeh Turkish dessert (middle Eastern sweet pastry cheese) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kunafeh Turkish dessert (middle Eastern sweet pastry cheese)
- It’s 4 cups of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of water 500ml.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice 5ml.
- It’s Half of kg phyllo dough Shredded (special kunafeh dough).
- It’s Half of kg mozrella cheese.
- You need 1 of and half cup butter melted.
- It’s 600 ml of double thick cream.
- You need of Mix nuts for sprinkle.
Kunafeh Turkish dessert (middle Eastern sweet pastry cheese) instructions
- For the simple sugar syrup Step 1 Mix the sugar, water, and lemon juice together in a pot. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool completely..
- Step 2 Pre heat the oven.
- Step 3 Make sure to thaw the shredded phyllo dough before using. Transfer it to a large bowl, then using your hands, begin pulling the strands apart, breaking them into smaller and smaller pieces until the dough is completely shredded..
- Pour the melted butter(if using) over the shredded phyllo and mix in with your hands until butter evenly distributed. It is best to use a pair of latex gloves so your hands stays clean 😊.
- Spread half the dough in a large pyrex dish. Press firmly into the pan..
- Spread the cheese and cream over top of the dough, leaving at least an inch of space around the edges Cover the cheese and cream with the remaining dough, making sure to cover the edges first to seal the cheese and cream and prevent it from leaking during baking. Press in firmly..
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Once baked, remove from the oven and carefully flip over onto a serving tray or plate. Gently lift the baking pan away from the knafeh.
- Spoon the cooled simple syrup over the knafeh, then gently pour the remaining syrup over top. Adjust the amount of simple syrup you use to suit your tastes. Decorate with crushed pistachios and serve warm. Knafeh is best the day it’s made, but leftovers will keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days, just warm them up for 10 – 20 seconds in the microwave before serving..