Strawberry shortbread. Stock Up Today On Your Favorite Wine. Find Deals on Strawberry Shortbread in Snack Food on Amazon. Everyone agreed that this was the best strawberry shortcake ever!
Remove shortcake from pan and place on a rack to cool slightly. Spoon some of the strawberries with their juice onto each shortcake bottom. Recipe creator Denyse describes this as "An old-fashioned, tender shortcake with two layers of strawberries topped with whipped cream." Note that the shortcake in this recipe is biscuit-like instead of spongy, and gets its moisture from the juicy strawberries. You can cook Strawberry shortbread using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Strawberry shortbread
- You need 250 g of soft butter.
- Prepare 110 g of caster sugar.
- You need 250 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 100 g of cornflour.
- It’s 200 g of double cream.
- Prepare of Strawberries.
- Prepare 3 tsp of sugar.
Place a bottom half of a shortcake on each plate. Top with a generous spoonful of berries. Cover with a top half, add a few more berries, and top with whipped cream. Tip Extra shortcakes may be frozen, but they should be warmed before using.
Strawberry shortbread instructions
- Preheat the oven to 170c.place the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream together until light and fluffy..
- Add flour and cornflour into the creamed butter and mix together with a folk until all the ingredients are combined..
- Form the dough into a smooth,round disc, using your hand and wrap it in cling film and leave it to chill in the fridge for 15min..
- Meanwhile you can make strawberry sauce, take some strawberries cut them and put them in the pan and add some sugar and cook for 5min, and leave to cool, after blander..
- Place the chilled dough between 2 pieces of baking paper.Roll it out and cut out 24 shortbread and place them onto a baking tray. Bake for 20min..
- Allow to cool shortbread.whisk the cream and after put cream on top of the shortbread some strawberry sauce and some fresh strawberries and enjoy with cup of tea☕️🍓❤️.
They are also good toasted for breakfast or tea. Strawberry Shortcake "Perfect shortcake: couldn't ask for more, and it was really simple to put together. Strawberry shortcake is fantastic with warm biscuits, cold strawberries, and cold whipped cream- but you can also wait for the biscuits to fully cool. Hundreds of home cooks have made these strawberry shortcake biscuits a top-rated recipe, and for good reason. Using Original Bisquick™ mix ensures a perfect result every time.