Brown bread ice cream. This recipe has been submitted by the Good Food community. Brown bread is a taste that is synonymous with Irish food. Though some might scoff at the idea of bread-flavored ice cream, one bite and they'll be hooked.
Be sure to try this old fashioned brown bread ice cream recipe from Grandma's collection. Brown bread might sound like an unusual flavor ingredient, but it's absolutely delicious in this homemade ice cream. This is a great recipe for using those slices of leftover brown bread. You can cook Brown bread ice cream using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brown bread ice cream
- You need 4 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of caster sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of cornflour.
- You need 1,1 of /4c skimmed milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1,1 of /2 c Brown bread crumbs.
- You need 1/4 c of light Brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1,1 of /4c double cream.
The bread recipe was adapted from the cookbook of a now shuttered local restaurant, Eden. You'll have a few slices left over to enjoy on their. Alcohol does have an effect on the. Homemade Brown Bread Ice Cream Recipe.
Brown bread ice cream step by step
- Whisk egg yolks, sugar and conflict together until thick and pale. Pour milk into a heavy based sauce pan, bring it to a booking, then gradually pour it into the egg yolk mixture, stirring constantly.
- Return the mixture to the pan and cook over a gentle heat, stirring constantly until the custard thickens and is smooth. Pour it back into the bowl, leave to cool.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add bread crumbs, stir until evenly coated in butter, then sprinkle the sugar over. Fry gently for 4-5 minutes, stirring until lightly browned. Remove from heat and leave until cool and crisp.
- Add vanilla essence custard and mix well. Whip the cream until thick then fold into custard. Pour into a freezer proof container and freeze for 4 hours, beating once with a fork to break up the crystals.
- Break up the bread crumbs with your fingers. Beat the cream briefly then pour into breadcrumbs. Return to freezer and leave till firm enough to scoop.
When ready, either still freeze or start the ice-cream machine, giving the mix a good stir before pouring it into the machine. Crisp brown bread croutons add a delicious crunch to this ice cream. For more recipes related to Brown Bread Ice Cream checkout Baked Bread-Cook Smart. You can also find more Desserts recipes like Chocolate Pudding Cake Persian Cake Chocolate Pan Rolls Jain. Here is a really different recipe I stumbled across for brown bread ice cream.